groovyPost Forums

COMPUTER IS BUGGED: I've tried to understand, honestly, but I need help, please

Go to solution Solved by peepmonk37,

• Solution

I'm so sorry because I know from my last 3 month's experience, and the hundreds of hours I've spent trying to understand how to... well, understand what to look for and what it means, etc., but every time I Google anything, suspicious files, remote and root access to my computer that I did not grant, modem logs, etc, I simply can't understand the BASICS of what people are talking about in order to answer the question I Google... let me begin by saying, 3 months ago I found a "Privitize VPN" on my computer and many files on my phone (both installed on the same day), that ultimately led to the fatal crash of the computer (the C and D drives switched; so that C became my restore and D was my Main... I hope I explained that correctly) my brother in law, the only person I trust on this with an IT background, says he's never seen anything like it... When I located the bugging software on the file (I created a word document with everything I found) and reported it to the Police, it was stolen later that night... it took me months to come to this conclusion, but I've ultimately come to believe that the source of the bugs is in fact, law enforcement... I think on a Federal Level, but I can't be sure of that at this time. I do know how I got mixed up in the investigation… I had a roommate that I didn’t do a proper background check on, and it turns out he’s a career criminal (steals power, steals vehicles and manufactures new VIN plates for them, makes grade A false IDs and deals mass drugs to boot) he has multiple arrests and multiple currently active warrants, and was using my computer and phone to do this shady business, unknown (at the time) to me… took me a while to put all this together, but I promise you it’s valid. He split pretty soon after all this started, but the invasion of my privacy consumed me… I began documenting everything, finding out my friends and family had been bugged, and crazy shit like AT & T even being on it… they sent me 2 “high security modems” in a row, since the one I had and the first one they sent, they told me, had been hacked… they came with “Net gear” official documents and stickers, model numbers, etc., yet Net gear insists they didn’t manufacture them, as the Serial Numbers on them do not match any format Net gear has ever used… so you can see how I trust no one to ask these questions of, and the forums I’ve stumbled on confuse me even more… but this one made some sense to me… and I thought just maybe someone would take pity on my underknowledged butt.I’m working with an attorney for a “malicious prosecution” suit, because I’ve suffered a constant and totally consuming invasion of privacy.. My house and car getting bugged, evidence getting stolen from me on a regular basis if it’s not strapped or chained to me.. . Literally! And the loss of friends and family, as I’ve distanced myself from everyone because I don’t want them to go through this… the more I document, and the more vicious I get with my retaliation, the more severe the attacks, but I promise I’ll sooner blow my brains out, being sure to leave a thank you note to these a-holes for the life they’ve stolen from me, than be quite and hope it blows over.I promise to anyone reading this, that I’m not guilty of anything that warrants the vicious attacks I’ve endured over the last few months, but fair warning that if you offer to help me, you will most likely be investigated in some way as well.I’m sorry for asking, even though I am, and you don’t know me, but I’m at the end of my rope, I don’t see an end to this, I don’t know how to protect myself, and I am sure that I don’t want to live like this one single moment longer… literally. Please, if you can help me understand what to look for and how to protect myself, it can make a life or death difference at this point.I’ve kept ridiculous documentation of all this… amassing over 1600 audio files of conversations involving all this, etc… the hard copies that I painstakingly transcribed by hand after my computer crashed for the 5th time in 3 months… but those files were stolen from me, when only a few feet from me, just a few days ago. It was the last thing on Earth I had that meant anything to me anymore.Thank you

I know a computer hacker who works with the CIA and Mi5. He said they have all your electrical equipment bugged not just your computer.

They control your TiVo, remember last week when one of your shows failed to record, they did that.

They always have a chuckle watching you burn your toast after they have messed with the thermostat.

They couldnt stop laughing whem you wrapped aluminium foil round your head, (do you really beleive that stops them reading your mind).

There is some good news though, you are mistaken about losing your family and friends. Its just that they have been recruited to spy on you.

Oh yeah your attorney is working for the CIA as well so good luck with your case.

Ps my freind sends a message, you are are getting low on milk and theres a skid mark on the back of your underpants.

I know a computer hacker who works with the CIA and Mi5. He said they have all your electrical equipment bugged not just your computer.

They control your TiVo, remember last week when one of your shows failed to record, they did that.

They always have a chuckle watching you burn your toast after they have messed with the thermostat.

They couldnt stop laughing whem you wrapped aluminium foil round your head, (do you really beleive that stops them reading your mind).

There is some good news though, you are mistaken about losing your family and friends. Its just that they have been recruited to spy on you.

Oh yeah your attorney is working for the CIA as well so good luck with your case.

Ps my freind sends a message, you are are getting low on milk and theres a skid mark on the back of your underpants.

It's understandable that u don't believe me, however, although I've had a lot taken from me I still hold much hard evidence for what I say: (computer back up: pre-crash, recordings of conversations w/AT & T techs confirming bugs on computer and modem, the 2 phony netgear modems and the paperwork that came with them, etc...

and even if I didn't, it should be obvious that i'm being sincere in my request for help, even if it's because I've completely lost my mind; so why is u think I deserve ur nasty reply?

LOL Simon!

I'm so sorry because I know from my last 3 month's experience, and the hundreds of hours I've spent trying to understand how to... well, understand what to look for and what it means, etc., but every time I Google anything, suspicious files, remote and root access to my computer that I did not grant, modem logs, etc, I simply can't understand the BASICS of what people are talking about in order to answer the question I Google... let me begin by saying, 3 months ago I found a "Privitize VPN" on my computer and many files on my phone (both installed on the same day), that ultimately led to the fatal crash of the computer (the C and D drives switched; so that C became my restore and D was my Main... I hope I explained that correctly) my brother in law, the only person I trust on this with an IT background, says he's never seen anything like it... When I located the bugging software on the file (I created a word document with everything I found) and reported it to the Police, it was stolen later that night... it took me months to come to this conclusion, but I've ultimately come to believe that the source of the bugs is in fact, law enforcement... I think on a Federal Level, but I can't be sure of that at this time. I do know how I got mixed up in the investigation… I had a roommate that I didn’t do a proper background check on, and it turns out he’s a career criminal (steals power, steals vehicles and manufactures new VIN plates for them, makes grade A false IDs and deals mass drugs to boot) he has multiple arrests and multiple currently active warrants, and was using my computer and phone to do this shady business, unknown (at the time) to me… took me a while to put all this together, but I promise you it’s valid. He split pretty soon after all this started, but the invasion of my privacy consumed me… I began documenting everything, finding out my friends and family had been bugged, and crazy shit like AT & T even being on it… they sent me 2 “high security modems” in a row, since the one I had and the first one they sent, they told me, had been hacked… they came with “Net gear” official documents and stickers, model numbers, etc., yet Net gear insists they didn’t manufacture them, as the Serial Numbers on them do not match any format Net gear has ever used… so you can see how I trust no one to ask these questions of, and the forums I’ve stumbled on confuse me even more… but this one made some sense to me… and I thought just maybe someone would take pity on my underknowledged butt.I’m working with an attorney for a “malicious prosecution” suit, because I’ve suffered a constant and totally consuming invasion of privacy.. My house and car getting bugged, evidence getting stolen from me on a regular basis if it’s not strapped or chained to me.. . Literally! And the loss of friends and family, as I’ve distanced myself from everyone because I don’t want them to go through this… the more I document, and the more vicious I get with my retaliation, the more severe the attacks, but I promise I’ll sooner blow my brains out, being sure to leave a thank you note to these a-holes for the life they’ve stolen from me, than be quite and hope it blows over.I promise to anyone reading this, that I’m not guilty of anything that warrants the vicious attacks I’ve endured over the last few months, but fair warning that if you offer to help me, you will most likely be investigated in some way as well.I’m sorry for asking, even though I am, and you don’t know me, but I’m at the end of my rope, I don’t see an end to this, I don’t know how to protect myself, and I am sure that I don’t want to live like this one single moment longer… literally. Please, if you can help me understand what to look for and how to protect myself, it can make a life or death difference at this point.I’ve kept ridiculous documentation of all this… amassing over 1600 audio files of conversations involving all this, etc… the hard copies that I painstakingly transcribed by hand after my computer crashed for the 5th time in 3 months… but those files were stolen from me, when only a few feet from me, just a few days ago. It was the last thing on Earth I had that meant anything to me anymore.Thank you

Its pretty easy. Here is what you do:

1. Buy your own networking equipment for your house.
  2. Buy a wireless signal bug detector like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Wireless-Signal-Bug-Detector/dp/B000AXH7MG/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
  3. Reformat all of your hard drives and install a fresh version of your operating system on them.
  4. Use a VPN for all web traffic: http://torrentfreak.com/which-vpn-providers-really-take-anonymity-seriously-111007/
  5. Encrypt everything with TrueCrypt and store your encryption keys on SD cards and hide them

Thank you for this! I'll get on it