groovyPost Forums

Is all this HP software bloatware?

Myke46
Go to solution Solved by Guest JChrist,

I have a HP-G72-B53 notebook with Window 7 Home Premium 64. I've known that redundancies exist in OEM notebooks, so I just want to make sure all these HP items are unnecessary:

• HP Advisor,
  • HP Power Manager
  • HP Quick Launch
  • HP Software Framework

And,no I am not concerned with voiding warranties.

I have a HP-G72-B53 notebook with Window 7 Home Premium 64. I've known that redundancies exist in OEM notebooks, so I just want to make sure all these HP items are unnecessary:

• HP Advisor,
  • HP Power Manager
  • HP Quick Launch
  • HP Software Framework

Deleting these oem programs will not void your warranty

• HP Advisor,
  • HP Power Manager
  • HP Quick Launch
  • HP Software Framework

But are they necessary?

• Solution
Guest JChrist

I know for sure that HP Quick Launch is necessary in order for the touch buttons on the laptop to work (the mute, volume, start/stop touch buttons).

I am not so sure about the rest of these programs, but I don't think they affect anything important.

• HP Advisor,
  • HP Power Manager
  • HP Quick Launch
  • HP Software Framework

Yeah, I've been wondering the same question, but haven't bothered to check it out for myself. I'll probably check it out this weekend, though I'm not sure that we have the same matching HP crap-ola...

• 1 year later...

I know for sure that HP Quick Launch is necessary in order for the touch buttons on the laptop to work (the mute, volume, start/stop touch buttons).

I am not so sure about the rest of these programs, but I don't think they affect anything important.

And the best way to add NEW SOFTWARE to your new system is to just use this freeware App - http://ninite.com/

Works great!