Pettie

outlook attachments

Question

3 answers to this question

I guess I am not sure of the question. All you need to do is put whoever on the email that you want, including everybody even if there's 1000 people you want to send an email to. Once all of the people have been added, all you need to do is either drag the file you want to attach into the email or click on that attachment button that looks like a paperclip. If for some reason the file will not attach or the options are greyed out then your email is not in HTML mode, just click on the icon that says switch to HTML mode and then the option for attachment should be enabled.

thank you. I apologize that my question was not clear. I know how to send an attachment the problem is that when I do a Personalized Multi-Recipient Mass Emails Quickly Using Outlook Mail Merge it does not allow me to insert attachments.Thanks for your help.

It's like we said before outlook doesn't let you do this. These are the sugestions we gave you before to work around it. http://answers.groovypost.com/questions/2441/how-to-add-an-attament-to-a-mass-email-in-outlook-2010

The only other alternative is to find some third party add on software for Outlook that gives the functionality that you want.

Its likely there will be something out there but it probably won't be free and it could cause problems or not work very well.

What sort of file are you wanting to attach?

If you are sending it to all recipients why not just add it to the word document as an addendum before doing the mail merge.