groovyPost Forums

How do you view message options in outlook 2010

Go to solution Solved by Simon H,

• Solution
  1. Open the email
  2. Click the “File” tab on the ribbon
  3. Click the “Properties” button

If you are wanting to access the email headers to track a suspicious email then I would suggest adding the email options command to the ribbon. This allows you to open the email options / properties without opening the email.To do this

1. Right click a blank portion of the ribbon and select “customize the Ribbon”
  2. In the “Main Tabs” box select the tab that you want to add the command to. I added mine to the “View” tab but you can add it to any of them.
  3. Underneath the “Main Tabs” box click on “New Group”. This adds a new custom group to your chosen tab.
  4. On the “Choose commands from” box, click the down arrow and select “All commands”
  5. Scroll down the list and select “Message Options”
  6. Click “Add” then “OK”

This adds the “Message Options” command to the new custom group.Now when you want to view email headers you just select the email and click on the “Message Options” icon

• 2 weeks later...
  1. Open the email
  2. Click the “File” tab on the ribbon
  3. Click the “Properties” button

If you are wanting to access the email headers to track a suspicious email then I would suggest adding the email options command to the ribbon. This allows you to open the email options / properties without opening the email.To do this

1. Right click a blank portion of the ribbon and select “customize the Ribbon”
  2. In the “Main Tabs” box select the tab that you want to add the command to. I added mine to the “View” tab but you can add it to any of them.
  3. Underneath the “Main Tabs” box click on “New Group”. This adds a new custom group to your chosen tab.
  4. On the “Choose commands from” box, click the down arrow and select “All commands”
  5. Scroll down the list and select “Message Options”
  6. Click “Add” then “OK”

This adds the “Message Options” command to the new custom group.Now when you want to view email headers you just select the email and click on the “Message Options” icon

thanx @Simon H & RShores I was looking for the internet headers which I have now found under properties. I hoped the information would have explained how this happened but no luck. what happened was someone I know forwarded me a message which came from my email address but i never sent it, I have a good password on the account and cant see how anyone could have used it. I checked my sent box and the email isnt there and everything seems normal.