pts123

Junk filter in Outlook 2010 not working?

I have tried other Forums and no one seems to have a fix for this, but I just keep on trying.

I am having an issue with the “Junk” filter in Microsoft Office Outlook 2010. I am unable to stop some email from being filtered and moved to the “Junk” filter. My mail is filtered prior to my getting it, so I WANT IT COMPLETELY OFF! I went to the Junk drop down on the Home menu bar and selected Junk E-mail Options. I click on the lowest setting being . . . No Automatic Filtering. Mail from blocked senders is still moved to the Junk E-mail Folder. And I have no one listed in the Block Senders list, so that should mean, nothing is filtered. But, a small portion of my e-mail still ends up there. Ahhh – I and can’t stop it.

This is where I would look:

Click Home Tab -> Junk Icon Dropdown, Junk Email Options, No Automatic Filtering

Since that is not working for you I would recommend editing the registry and nuking it there. Here is the key:

Outlook 2007: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\12.0\outlook
Outlook 2010: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\14.0\outlook  (<--- Create if path doesn't exist)

Add the Key:
dWord (32bit Value): DisableAntiSpam
Value: 1 (Hex)  ---  1 Disables JunkMail and 0 Enables it.

On my PC, I didn't have the 14.0\outlook\ path in my registry so I had to create it using New: Key then I typed it in.

After I did this the Junk button is grayed out on the HOME tab so I "assume" that should do the trick for you.

I had disabled the Junk EM Folder in Outlook 2010 previously (some years back), when I had win7 installed, by changing the filter settings with each account set as default. Since switching to win10 I have been unable to disable it. Even with resetting-applying-resetting-applying the filter, I haven’t been able to disable it.

I followed the instructions for changing the registry but to no avail. Here is my registry entry.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0\outlook\DisableAntiSpam

Contents - Name:(Default), Type:REG_SZ, Value:1

Did I do it incorrectly or is this remedy no good? Please help. I have already accessed these remedies:

Filtering options fix:

http://sherylcanter.com/wordpress/2012/ ... look-2010/

Registry fix:

microsoft-office/junk-filter-in-outlook-2010-not-working-t96233.html#p98274

thanks, thelonius

Hi Thelonius - So I take it you have mail then being dropped into your Junk folder? And you cannot disable it? Just confirming this.

hi. i have a similar problem i want to disable in outlook 2016 not the whole junk button just the no automatic filtering. which is located junk-->junk options-->No Automatic Filtering i just want that option greyed out. And i want to do that from the registry. Can anyone help me ?