groovyPost Forums

How to open unicode format in outlook 2016

alynamee

Hi all,

I updated my outlook to 2016 recently but now i can't open old emails in unicode format. The email in unicode 2016 i can open them but the old ones ( 2013 ) i can't. I try browse and found the outlook 2016 but no luck.

Can someone tell me how can i open the emails in unicode format ( 2013 outlook version ) ?

Regards,

Alina

• 1 month later...
On 02/06/2017 at 2:53 PM, alynamee said:

I updated my outlook to 2016 recently but now i can't open old emails in Unicode format. The email in Unicode 2016 i can open them but the old ones ( 2013 ) i can't. I try browse and found the outlook 2016 but no luck.

I beg your pardon, but what exactly are you asking here? If an Outlook user says "Unicode", it means either she/he is talking about the PST file format or the Unicode characters. Are you telling this, "I can't see some of the characters since they are Unicode"? Or this, "the emails are stored in a Unicode PST file"? Look dear, Outlook 2003 and later versions including the latest 2016, use Unicode file format. If you were previously using Outlook 2013, it makes no difference since both support Unicode format. 

Your question is DAMN confusing. Help us please, so that we help you. 

Thanks.

• Like 1