groovyPost Forums

Thunderbird as good as Outlook?

Guest silas
Go to solution Solved by alexmvp,

• Solution

I own Microsoft Outlook so I've never had the need or desire to install Thunderbird. So with that said, I would say no.

What's the difference? Outlook is not a free tool and it's used mainly in the business setting where it can connect to Microsoft Exchange Server for corporate email. It also has other features like connecting to IMAP and POP servers from companies like GMAIL however overall, it's for the business class.

Thunderbird on the other hand IS free and can be download and install by anyone. Unlike Outlook, it is not designed for the corporate setting but instead for home users who want to use it to connect to IMAP and POP server on the internet.

I own Microsoft Outlook so I've never had the need or desire to install Thunderbird. So with that said, I would say no.

What's the difference? Outlook is not a free tool and it's used mainly in the business setting where it can connect to Microsoft Exchange Server for corporate email. It also has other features like connecting to IMAP and POP servers from companies like GMAIL however overall, it's for the business class.

Thunderbird on the other hand IS free and can be download and install by anyone. Unlike Outlook, it is not designed for the corporate setting but instead for home users who want to use it to connect to IMAP and POP server on the internet.

Agreed. Office is not free, Thunderbird is. Normally companies will buy you Outlook for work so it will connect to Exchange however when home, you should be just fine with Thunderbird.