Austin

Can I automatically schedule Outlook 2010 to send a calendar on work days?

Question

Jeff writes:

I have read a few of your articles about scheduling Outlook emails. I have a question about taking this a step further. In our office, we have Outlook 2010.

Issue – some of the execs have now asked that the subordinates email them a daily plan. Every morning we email our calendars with “limited details” to our bosses. Many of us forget when we come straight into full voicemail boxes and back-to-back meetings. So I have been looking for a way to use a Rule or some other mechanism to do this each weekday automatically.

I hope you get the idea by now, but… Each morning at a specified time, Outlook will email my daily calendar with limited details to a specified list.

Of course, we all share calendars with each other. Some of the bosses will take the 2 clicks to check our calendars, but others want it sent as described above.

Any ideas?

-Jeff

1 answer to this question

I don't know of any easy way to do this.

There are some add-ins you can buy. The downside is they cost $$. Double check that they work with 64-bit if you are using that.

The hard way
With some Visual Basic knowledge it should be possible to write a script that does this. These three pages can get you started on the code required for it.

Perhaps someone else might have a better answer.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Steve
      A feature I use all the time in Microsoft Outlook 2013 (Office 2013) is the ability to open a calendar invite during a meeting and click - Meeting Notes. See screenshot from Outlook 2013.

[attachment=0]outlook-2016.jpg[/attachment]

After installing Office 2016, when I open up outlook I no longer have that option in the calendar. It's just missing.

Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

Hopefully this is just an issue with the Preview and it will get fixed later during full release.
    • By pts123
      I have tried other Forums and no one seems to have a fix for this, but I just keep on trying.

I am having an issue with the “Junk” filter in Microsoft Office Outlook 2010. I am unable to stop some email from being filtered and moved to the “Junk” filter. My mail is filtered prior to my getting it, so I WANT IT COMPLETELY OFF! I went to the Junk drop down on the Home menu bar and selected Junk E-mail Options. I click on the lowest setting being . . . No Automatic Filtering. Mail from blocked senders is still moved to the Junk E-mail Folder. And I have no one listed in the Block Senders list, so that should mean, nothing is filtered. But, a small portion of my e-mail still ends up there. Ahhh – I and can’t stop it.
    • By johnstanly8
      I am using Outlook 2003.I have huge numbers of .pst files . I want to manage Outlook by dividing PST files by Folder. But i don't want to compact files.

-Jhon
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 1 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online