groovyPost Forums

Looking for iPhone app to search text in Excel document

Go to solution Solved by alexmvp,

Does anyone know of an iPhone / iPad app that can search for specific text within an Excel document.

It needs to be an app that works offline.

I have seen loads that search for file names but they only view the Excel file they don't search within it.

All suggestions greatly appreciated.

I have Dropbox and Sugarsync installed on my iPhone. Unfortunately they do well searching file names and folder names but neither look inside the file....

Hmm... I'll keep looking.

Does anyone know of an iPhone / iPad app that can search for specific text within an Excel document.

It needs to be an app that works offline.

I have seen loads that search for file names but they only view the Excel file they don't search within it.

All suggestions greatly appreciated.

Yeah I've tried dozens of apps but not found any that search within the file.

Thanks for the help.

• Solution

Ok @simon here ya go. Tested it and it works well. It's called Documents by Readdle. Installed it on my iphone, sync'd it with my Dropbox account. Clicked on Search then tapped "contents". It then asked me if I was sure because it would need to index the files. Once I said yes it ran through the files and I was able to search them.

Have fun. ;)

Ok @simon here ya go. Tested it and it works well. It's called Documents by Readdle. Installed it on my iphone, sync'd it with my Dropbox account. Clicked on Search then tapped "contents". It then asked me if I was sure because it would need to index the files. Once I said yes it ran through the files and I was able to search them.

Have fun. ;)

Thanks @AlexMVPthat's just what I was looking for and it works perfect for locally stored files as well.

Was beginning to think I was out off luck.

Thanks again.

Have fun. ;)

@alexmvp nice find. Best part is it's free. Installed it myself. Wow, it's full of features.