groovyPost Forums

Do iPhone apps work on an android?

Go to solution Solved by shockersh,

Well, I don't know of anyway to emulate or port iPhone apps to Android--that seems really arduous--but I do know that a lot of the popular apps have Android and iPhone versions. Like, pretty much all the games that matter. I have an iPhone and my family has Android phones and we all play Words with Friends together.

In terms of can you transfer over your purchases, I'm thinking probably not...?

• Solution

To answer your question plainly - NO

You cannot buy a game on the iPhone and transfer it or play it later on your Android. If you buy an android, you will basically need to re-buy all the games you already purchased on your iPhone. Sorry - that blows but that's the deal.

Would be nice if GAME suppliers gave you keys to ALL platforms (kinda like Steam) but for now, that is not the case.

You cannot buy a game on the iPhone and transfer it or play it later on your Android. If you buy an android, you will basically need to re-buy all the games you already purchased on your iPhone. Sorry - that blows but that's the deal.

Would be nice if GAME suppliers gave you keys to ALL platforms (kinda like Steam) but for now, that is not the case.

Agreed - that would be a good idea.

Thank you. Makes sense. It was just a dream if it worked.... perhaps if I jail-break it but again, probably not.

Glad I could help.

The answer is definitely no but, as most people said here, you will most certainly find versions for them on both platforms (at least for the important apps). And transferring purchases is impossible, since Android Market and Apple App Store are (way) different entities.

• 6 months later...

What you could do is write every developer of every game you purchased, tell him you are switching to android and see if they will send you the apk. They will probably want to make the 2.99 though, so you might be out of luck. Plus, it's 2.99, just buy them. Supporting app developers is the cool thing to do.