groovyPost Forums

How to remove wrong autofill username in my web browser

Go to solution Solved by SueJ,

Hello. I am having a problem with login of one of my accounts.The problem is that when I type in my correct username, another name that is not correctkeeps replacing it.(I accidentally typed this name in awhile ago.)Now it seems to be there for ever. I have tried deleting,cutting and pasting. Nothing works.Can someone help me please.Thank you Telse.

Hi Telse

Is it logging on to an account on the web? If so you can try & clear autofill. Which browser are you using?

Best

Sue

Thank you for your help.I am using Firefox.I am fairly new to the techworld and still find things confusing.I tried finding disable autofilland thought I had done so. Not.With a liitle more patience and more reading, I discovered that the up and down arrows enable autofill.SoI tried this-along with delete,and low and behold-gone.Amazing what a little patience will do.Thanks again for your help.I'm not sure how tovote.This is my first time here.I pressed the arrow-up.???cheers Telse.

Hi Telse

Is it logging on to an account on the web? If so you can try & clear autofill. Which browser are you using?

Best

Sue

When you are typing in your user name and the incorrect one appears, you should be able to delete that name by simply highlighting it completely and hitting the DEL button. After this, it should no longer appear in the list of autofills.

Hi Telse

Best

Sue

Thank you for responding.I did try that.Everything seemed stuck.I have it working again.I discovered the up and down arrows on the keyboard enable autofill.Using these arrows and delete made the name disappear.Thank you Nauti.cheers Telse