groovyPost Forums

Email apps for Iphone

You can do all of this with the built in email app for the iPhone 5, at least for hotmail accounts, which is what I have. At the top of each folder, such as your inbox there is a search feature. It allows you to further narrow your search by selecting From, To, Subject, or All. Then to add a new folder click on Mailboxes, Edit, and then a New Folder option will appear. I am not sure what you are looking for that the built in app can't already do.

Thanks Zines,

Those functions aren't available when the email is set up as pop3 downloading directly from the server as I am looking to do.

I know I could set up the email as imap which would show my folders that are set up on the server but I am not wanting to do that with this phone.

When I tap edit on the mailboxes there is no new folder option. All you can do is move the different accounts up or down in the list as in the image below.

I don't think there is any way to do what I want or any apps that will do it but was hoping I was wrong.

alt text

Is there an email app for iPhone that lets you use pop 3 email and:

Add new folders to the inbox.

Filter emails based on words in the body or subject.

I have seen one alternative app but it only works with gmail. I am looking for one that I can use to download any emails.

Not that I'm aware of but I'll take a look. I use my phone almost always as just read-only.... I leave all the advanced work to my PC or MAC.

Have you tried using the browser on the iPhone vs. an app? You should be able to do most of that using a browser I would think.

Is there an email app for iPhone that lets you use pop 3 email and:

Add new folders to the inbox.

Filter emails based on words in the body or subject.

I have seen one alternative app but it only works with gmail. I am looking for one that I can use to download any emails.

Cheers Steve, the interface through a browser for the email accounts in question is not great for viewing and sending email.

I also get the pc to do the advanced work, I was just looking to get a bit more order with the emails on my phone.