groovyPost Forums

Can't install Microsoft Office 2013

Rufio
Go to solution Solved by Simon H,

When I clicked the install button on the website to install Office 2013 it downloaded an installer. When I run the installer it gives me an error that says:

We found a problem!

We're sorry, Office (32-bit) couldn't be installed because you have these 64-bit Office programs installed on your computer:

Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010

Microsoft Office 32-bit Components 2010

32-bit and 64-bit versions of Office programs don't get a long, so you can only have one type installed at a time.

Please try installing the 64-bit version of Office instead, or uninstall your other 64-bit Office programs and try this installation again.

Here's a screenshot of it:

32-bit error in office 2013

How do I fix this? What can I do? I tried redownloading it but I couldn't install Office it just kept giving me the same window.

• Solution

Yeah it does give the same window, they don't make this clear but if you click the green install button you get the 32 bit version.

For the 64bit version you need to click where it says "language and install options" under the green install button and choose Office (64bit)

There is step by step guide to installing office 2013 here

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/office-2013-64-bit-preview-install/

Yeah it does give the same window, they don't make this clear but if you click the green install button you get the 32 bit version.

For the 64bit version you need to click where it says "language and install options" under the green install button and choose Office (64bit)

I ran into this also and yes, Austin showed how to do this in the tutorial you mentioned @simon. It's not real easy to see where you click to select 32bit vs. 64bit but yes, it's under the Language and Install Options link.

Thanks guys!

Thanks this solved it.