smashmark

Save or export the autocomplete addresses from outlook?

Question

rather than saving my contacts in outlook, i simply use the autofill to remember all my addresses

Now, I am leaving the job, and want to somehow take all my contact info

is there a way to save and export these "autofill" addresses saved by outlook?

thanx!!

2 answers to this question

Hello,

If you are running Outlook 2007, then you can just go copy your .NK2 file. The NK2 file is the database that Outlook users to store all the Outlook Autocomplete information.

You can find it here: %APPDATA%MicrosoftOutlook

From there you can either copy it to your new Outlook profile at your new job (same location) or even better, just go grab a tool like this one - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/outlook_nk2_edit.html and export the addresses into CSV format.

Hope that works for you!

-Steve

How can i save all my autocomplete contacts in autolook as i have never saved them, its a pain as i have to search for contacts individually, HELP!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Steve
      A feature I use all the time in Microsoft Outlook 2013 (Office 2013) is the ability to open a calendar invite during a meeting and click - Meeting Notes. See screenshot from Outlook 2013.

[attachment=0]outlook-2016.jpg[/attachment]

After installing Office 2016, when I open up outlook I no longer have that option in the calendar. It's just missing.

Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

Hopefully this is just an issue with the Preview and it will get fixed later during full release.
    • By pts123
      I have tried other Forums and no one seems to have a fix for this, but I just keep on trying.

I am having an issue with the “Junk” filter in Microsoft Office Outlook 2010. I am unable to stop some email from being filtered and moved to the “Junk” filter. My mail is filtered prior to my getting it, so I WANT IT COMPLETELY OFF! I went to the Junk drop down on the Home menu bar and selected Junk E-mail Options. I click on the lowest setting being . . . No Automatic Filtering. Mail from blocked senders is still moved to the Junk E-mail Folder. And I have no one listed in the Block Senders list, so that should mean, nothing is filtered. But, a small portion of my e-mail still ends up there. Ahhh – I and can’t stop it.
    • By johnstanly8
      I am using Outlook 2003.I have huge numbers of .pst files . I want to manage Outlook by dividing PST files by Folder. But i don't want to compact files.

-Jhon
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online