groovyPost Forums

An alternative to Offisync

Wondering if you knew of any good alternative to Offisync for Google Apps (plugin for Microsoft Office)?

Since Offisync was bought up by Jive, it is no longer supported, and as we have occasional issues with Offisync, I feel it's time to move my team over to something else.

I have tried Google's Cloud Connect, but it requires you to have file on your PC as well.

I know... we are looking for the best of both worlds here :-)

Many Thanks

Best

Sue

What is it you realy want? What's the thing offisync does you no longer can do after its support has stopped?

Last time Google made changes to its API, all members of my team could not access Google Docs via Offisync window. This was subsequently fixed by Offisync in an update. However one member of my team did not update at the time, & now when we try to push an update via plugin an exception is thrown re. error connecting to server.

Offisync has from our experience always been a bit buggy, so we would now like to look at alternatives, while this software is still functional for most team members.