groovyPost Forums

Why do I always have to delete the time when I download something to save?

Hello.When I am downloading an image that I want to save, the date and time show are shown.I can't save anything unless I delete the time. So I need to click on it, then back spaceto get rid of it. If I try to save it with the time,a message appears saying - 'This is not a valid file name'. I need to do this over and over. It wastes a lot of time.Is there a way to disable or tweak this feature, so I don't have to keep doing that?Can make one nuts. Thanks so much if anyone has an answer.

This is because the time may contain invalid symbols. You may know this from renaming files or folders. If it contains the following symbols it cannot be saved:
alt text

So if the date is, for example 05/08/2012 change it to something like 05-08-2012.
And if the time is 08:15 change it to something like 08hrs15mins or 08h15m.

Hope I helped! :)

This is because the time may contain invalid symbols. You may know this from renaming files or folders. If it contains the following symbols it cannot be saved:

alt text

So if the date is, for example 05/08/2012 change it to something like 05-08-2012.

Thank you DW96,I don't really care about the time.I am looking for a way to avoid having to rename it all the time.It just seems to take so long because I save quite a few things.Perhaps this can't be avoided?Cheers Telse.

alt text

I know a few ways you can go this, but to give you an exact tutorial as well as step-by-step instructions, can you please give me the website from where you usually download these images?

alt text

I don't have any particular website where I do this.When I surf the web and I like an image or something, I want to save it and I always have to get rid of the time.

Hello.When I am downloading an image that I want to save, the date and time show are shown.I can't save anything unless I delete the time. So I need to click on it, then back spaceto get rid of it. If I try to save it with the time,a message appears saying - 'This is not a valid file name'. I need to do this over and over. It wastes a lot of time.Is there a way to disable or tweak this feature, so I don't have to keep doing that?Can make one nuts. Thanks so much if anyone has an answer.

Hmmm... This is funny because not all images contain the date and time in their filename.

Can you please tell me which browser you are using? I'm beginning to think you are using some kind of extension or plugin which changes the default filename of saved files and adds the date and time.

P.S.: If you are downloading files from an image hosting website there are several different ways to batch download images with third party applications.

What web browser are you using? It sounds like a browser issue. You probably have some setting that is enabled that automatically renames files to the current time.