groovyPost Forums

CHKDSK is not running at boot.

Go to solution Solved by Steve Krause,

I have problem for " Check the drive for error Command " from the property dilog box of the drive, Tool tab selected, then by clicking the Check disk for error, message popups drive in use. It will check on next boot time, by clicking OK, and then i reboot however it doesn't check the drive and when it reboots it says the check has been cancelled.

Thanks

• Solution

When you run a chkdsk command, be sure not to hit the keyboard or any other keys when the system restarts. This can cancel or abort the check.

Another option is to add the Windows Install CD, when the installer starts, Click Repair then work your way into a command prompt and run the chkdsk from there. I've done that a few times.

• 2 weeks later...

When you run a chkdsk command, be sure not to hit the keyboard or any other keys when the system restarts. This can cancel or abort the check.

Another option is to add the Windows Install CD, when the installer starts, Click Repair then work your way into a command prompt and run the chkdsk from there. I've done that a few times.

yes iam sure iam not hiting any key,and msg comes chkdsk hasbeen cancelled and system stars normaly. on some web they they have suggested that execution delayed time should be set more than 10 second. But how we set ?. I also noted that some time it works normaly.

Well if it worked once then you should be fine. There really is no need to run CHKDSK more than once or twice a year honestly.