groovyPost Forums

How do I connect to a VPN using a Windows 7 VirtualBox on my Mac?

Austin
Go to solution Solved by Austin,

Asim recently wrote me this email:

...Our company has a VPN that we loginto, I have a macbook pro machine andi have installed Windows 7 as a guestusing vm virtual box in this syste. Iam wondering, can we creat a vpnconnection on guest OS Windsows 7?

I'm overwhelmed by the network optionsavailable and was hoping you couldprovide some direction...

Good Morning Austin, It worked. Thank you so much for your help. Now i can connect to VPN connection but i am still unable to connect to my exchange server. I have tried hard, searched online but i am unable to add exchange account. I have macbook pro 2011 and the version of Microsoft for mac i have installed on this system is Microsoft Office 2007. I am unable to add exchange account even when connected through VPN. Could you please guide me how i can configure it?

Good Morning Austin, It worked. Thank you so much for your help. Now i can connect to VPN connection but i am still unable to connect to my exchange server. I have tried hard, searched online but i am unable to add exchange account. I have macbook pro 2011 and the version of Microsoft for mac i have installed on this system is Microsoft Office 2007. I am unable to add exchange account even when connected through VPN. Could you please guide me how i can configure it?

Does your exchange server require the connection to be tunneled through a VPN? As far as I know, a VPN connection can only be shared from physical computer (host) to the virualbox virtualmachine (guest)

When you are connecting to the VPN on the Windows 7 virtualmachine, then you won't have a VPN connection on the Mac.

If this is the case, you'll need to either connect to the VPN directly on your physical Mac - or install Microsoft Office 2010 on the Windows guest machine.

Hello Austin,This is the host machine with Mac OX and i have also set VPN Connection on Mac. I have also installed Microsoft Office 2007 on this system. I am finding problem to connect to exchage server. When i try to add exchange account it doesn't work. Yes it requires a tunnel connection through a VPN. As per normal procedure i have exhausted all efforts but no use. I think there is need to change some connection settings. It would be great if you could assist in it.

Kind Regards,

Asim Noor