oldnews

Outlook 2010 new emails won't stay on top

Question

In Outlook 2010, Windows 7, I find that new email windows vanish before I can complete the email, and autocomplete addresses vanish before I can click on them. Similarly when hovering with mouse over the Outlook logo on my taskbar, the new email is there and will come up when right clicked and vanish instantly; left clicking on the icon keeps the email on top, especially if I maximize it, long enough to complete the message and send.

Is this an Outlook instability or is there some selection I should make somewhere that says "Keep open email on top" or something like that?

Thanks

2 answers to this question

Read this article here - http://www.groovypost.com/howto/disable-desktop-alerts-outlook/

Towards the bottom it tells you how to adjust the Email alerts and how long they will stay on the screen. I assume this is what you're talking about?

Thanks, but no - I am talking about attempting to type a new email or reply to an email in my inbox...either by clicking on "new email" or "reply". It has nothing to do with email alerts. Nothing comes onto my screen. The email I am trying to write disappears under the pile while I am still working on it. And the autocomplete function in the address of new emails is also skittish; suggested name vanishes before I can click on it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By alynamee
      Hi all,

I updated my outlook to 2016 recently but now i can't open old emails in unicode format. The email in unicode 2016 i can open them but the old ones ( 2013 ) i can't. I try browse and found the outlook 2016 but no luck.

Can someone tell me how can i open the emails in unicode format ( 2013 outlook version ) ?

Regards,
      Alina
    • By Steve
      A feature I use all the time in Microsoft Outlook 2013 (Office 2013) is the ability to open a calendar invite during a meeting and click - Meeting Notes. See screenshot from Outlook 2013.

[attachment=0]outlook-2016.jpg[/attachment]

After installing Office 2016, when I open up outlook I no longer have that option in the calendar. It's just missing.

Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

Hopefully this is just an issue with the Preview and it will get fixed later during full release.
    • By pts123
      I have tried other Forums and no one seems to have a fix for this, but I just keep on trying.

I am having an issue with the “Junk” filter in Microsoft Office Outlook 2010. I am unable to stop some email from being filtered and moved to the “Junk” filter. My mail is filtered prior to my getting it, so I WANT IT COMPLETELY OFF! I went to the Junk drop down on the Home menu bar and selected Junk E-mail Options. I click on the lowest setting being . . . No Automatic Filtering. Mail from blocked senders is still moved to the Junk E-mail Folder. And I have no one listed in the Block Senders list, so that should mean, nothing is filtered. But, a small portion of my e-mail still ends up there. Ahhh – I and can’t stop it.
    • By johnstanly8
      I am using Outlook 2003.I have huge numbers of .pst files . I want to manage Outlook by dividing PST files by Folder. But i don't want to compact files.

-Jhon
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online