dcovnton

Can Windows 7 Sticky Notes be saved for long term use?

Question

9 answers to this question

Unfortunately, I've not been able to find a way to save a sticky note for any long-term use. They are not meant to be used for long-term usage, just a quick note you write and save somewhere else.

Here's a few tips for using Sticky Notes in Windows 7

My suggestion is to use something like Evernote to save your sticky notes to something long-term. That or email them to yourself so you can search and find them later.

Unfortunately, I've not been able to find a way to save a sticky note for any long-term use. They are not meant to be used for long-term usage, just a quick note you write and save somewhere else.

My suggestion is to use something like Evernote to save your sticky notes to something long-term. That or email them to yourself so you can search and find them later.

Yes. Evernote is free for the basic plan. It will sync on your MAC, Mobile Phone (iPhone/Android) and Windows box.

For increased storage and a few more features, you can also buy a pro version which is like $5 a month??? Can't remember but it's all there on the site.

http://www.evernote.com/about/premium/

Is there a free version of Evernote? and will it work on all platforms, or just Windows:

I've read they are stored in a hidden folder in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes\StickyNotes.snt But have found no way to open the SNT file.

How can you save a win7 sticky note for future use and access?

That's a great question. THis always pissed me off.

I've read they are stored in a hidden folder in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes\StickyNotes.snt But have found no way to open the SNT file.

oh nice... i wonder if it's xml? notepad++?

Evernote for the win. I'm a onenote kinda guy tho sry.

off-course you can save it as long you need by closing it from the task bar i.e., right click on the 'sticky notes' icon on the taskbar and then select the 'close window'