dave1496926426

Include signatures in Outlook 2010 when using send to mail recipient

Question

I have outlook set to include my signature with all new emails but when I right click a file and choose Send to Mail recipient, my signature is not included.

anyone know how to make this work

I have windows 7 64 bit with Outlook 2010 32 bit

cheers

6 answers to this question

When you use Send To Mail Recipient, Outlook sends the message in plain text format and doesn't include your outlook stationery or signatures. The solution to this is to create an Outlook shortcut in the send to menu.

To do this

1. Open the send to folder (in windows 7, click start and type "shell:sendto" into the search box then click the shell:sendto folder to open it.)

2. Right click a blank area of the folder and choose New, Shortcut (this brings up the create shortcut dialogue box)

3. Copy the file path below for your version of Outlook and paste it into the box.

For 32 bit Outlook

“C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft OfficeOffice14OUTLOOK.EXE” /c ipm.note /a

For 64 bit Outlook

"C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice14OUTLOOK.EXE" /c ipm.note /a

Now Click next and type a name for the shortcut it can be anything you want. (I called mine Mail Recipient OUTLOOK) you can delete the old mail recipient shortcut if you want to.

Thats it, now when you right-click a file in Windows Explorer, and choose Send To, “Mail Recipient Outlook” (or whatever you named the shortcut). Outlook will open and create a new message with the file attached. Your default stationery and signature will be included.

Note if your Outlook.exe file is stored in a non standard location then after point 2 above you will need to click the browse button and point to the copy of outlook that is installed on your system.

Once you have done this you will need to add /c ipm.note /a to the end of the file path. Remember to leave a space after OUTLOOK.EXE"

I have outlook set to include my signature with all new emails but when I right click a file and choose Send to Mail recipient, my signature is not included.

cheers

You could open a new clean mail and drag the file to the email. But Im guessing you want a faster way ofc :-)

cheers

Thanks Beyond_Life but I made the new shortcut in send to folder as Simon H sugested and it works perfectly. I can now right click anything and sent it with my signature attached. Well apart from folders that is. Outlook doesnt seem to like you sending folders for some reason but this has always been the same.

When you use Send To Mail Recipient, Outlook sends the message in plain text format and doesn't include your outlook stationery or signatures. The solution to this is to create an Outlook shortcut in the send to menu.

To do this

1. Open the send to folder (in windows 7, click start and type "shell:sendto" into the search box then click the shell:sendto folder to open it.)

2. Right click a blank area of the folder and choose New, Shortcut (this brings up the create shortcut dialogue box)

3. Copy the file path below for your version of Outlook and paste it into the box.

For 32 bit Outlook

For 64 bit Outlook

Now Click next and type a name for the shortcut it can be anything you want. (I called mine Mail Recipient OUTLOOK) you can delete the old mail recipient shortcut if you want to.

Thats it, now when you right-click a file in Windows Explorer, and choose Send To, “Mail Recipient Outlook” (or whatever you named the shortcut). Outlook will open and create a new message with the file attached. Your default stationery and signature will be included.

Note if your Outlook.exe file is stored in a non standard location then after point 2 above you will need to click the browse button and point to the copy of outlook that is installed on your system.

Once you have done this you will need to add /c ipm.note /a to the end of the file path. Remember to leave a space after OUTLOOK.EXE"

Thanks Simon H just what I needed

Awesome! I've been wanting this for years.

NOTE: I had to add tweak the file path by adding a few backslash marks:"C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft OfficeOffice14OUTLOOK.EXE" /c ipm.note /a

To do this

For 32 bit Outlook

For 64 bit Outlook

great answer!