Garey

Winrar can't extract files

I have a rar file that gives an error message that there are no files to extract.

The file is several hundred megabytes large and I can see the files in the winrar application.

Can I repair the rar?

Is the RAR file encrypted? If you've put a password on the file, you will need to use WinRar or something like 7-ZIP to decrypt the file before ou can get data from it.

Perhaps give 7-Zip a shot. It's freeware that should be able to decompress anything .rar

If the file is corrupted, damaged, you might be out of luck. Do you have it on a backup? That's one of the #1 reasons all users should have a quality backup solution.

http://www.groovypost.com/unplugged/last-minute-tech-gifts-holidays/

-S

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Myke46
      I have a HP-G72-B53 notebook with Window 7 Home Premium 64. I've known that redundancies exist in OEM notebooks, so I just want to make sure all these HP items are unnecessary:
      HP Advisor, HP Power Manager HP Quick Launch HP Software Framework And,no I am not concerned with voiding warranties.
    • By jax200
      How can one assess how effective an antivirus software is, if at all? Are there "test viruses" that one can use to evaluate the robustness of protection of your PC?
      Also, is there any evidence that some combination of software protection software is better than having just one alone?
    • By jshepp
      Was curious if anyone here knew of some decent network monitoring software, preferably free?
      Recently I've been getting a lot of delays when we watch movies through Roku, which is abnormal. There are a lot of devices that get connected to the network, but not all at the same time (several apple devices, printers, a couple of pcs, roku, etc.) I just wanted to find the root of the hold ups on the network, if it's coming from devices, our router, ISP, etc.
      There has got to be software that does this, just wondering if anyone has some good recommendations.
      Thanks!
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online