Diana

Outlook Express - Sent Items Deleted

Question

I have inadvertently deleted my Sent Items Folder from Outlook Express.I have tried a couple of the suggestions from your Forum,especially the DWORD VALUE and Dumpster Always which was already set but does not show in the Tool Box. Any suggestions please?Diana Illston

3 answers to this question

What DW96 says is the most staightforward solution if your emails are still on the server. If they are not then check your recycle bin on the desktop for any files with names like "sent items.bak". You may need to set your folder views to show hidden files and folders to see the the .bak files.

If you still have the .bak files, let me know and I might be able to help you restore them back to OE.

As a suggestion, even if you do manage to restore the folder and emails you should seriously consider migrating your email to a different email program. You have probably heard that suggestion before but OE is now years out of date and unsupported. It has a history of corrupting / losing email and those problems are never going to fixed.

Your actual e-mail service provider might still keep a copy of every sent e-mail on their server, depending on the settings you used in Outlook and on the settings used in your e-mail account. Open your e-mail account through a browser and see if your Sent items still remain. If yes, I would simply advise you to set up your Outlook e-mail account all over again. You know what they say - the simplest ideas are usually the most genius ones.

I have inadvertently deleted my Sent Items Folder from Outlook Express.I have tried a couple of the suggestions from your Forum,especially the DWORD VALUE and Dumpster Always which was already set but does not show in the Tool Box. Any suggestions please?Diana Illston

Hi Diana - Those tips in the forum are for the full Outlook client, not the Outlook Express version. Unfortunatly I've not used Outlook Express for many many years.... I won't be much help sorry...