Jessica

Can't find a file on my computer

Question

How do I find something on my computer if I forgot where it is. I saved a group of files about 6 months ago in a secret folder to keep them away from my roomate but now I can't find them. (I may be completely to blame here) Please help!

1 answer to this question

Hopefully you are running Windows 7, Vista or XP. Eitherway, as long as you remember at least one of the files, try this:
1 - Click Windows Key + R
2 - Type CMD.exe
3 - Type dir c:filename. /s

At that point the file should show up and you will have the path to the file.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Theo
        Dear Steve Thank you for your invitation to write to your blog. Your blog has been very useful to me since I came to know it through Andre Costa on Twitter. I am not great computer expert, but have been handling them since early 70s in Pune (India) where I was doing my post-grad studies at the University. I am a history researcher and also contribute as columnist to various dailies in Goa since past decade or so.  Computers have been my companions of research, and hence my interest in being computer-friendly! As a founder-director of research institute in Goa, affiliated to Goa University, perhaps I took a pioneer step in providing a digital catalogue of the research library in late 1970s. More on me you may find on Wikipedia by looking for Teotonio R. de Souza or at https://about.me/teodesouza Teotonio R. de Souza
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online