groovyPost Forums

HP OfficeJet Pro Premier 8500 A909 PRINTER

Go to solution Solved by Simon H,

Hello --- I have a HP 8500 A909 Printer and have been using it wireless on an XP system and all worked well.I just purchased a Dell with Win7 desktop and the disc will not complete loading as it just FAILS... and then when I go to the HP web site to download the driver it fails as well ... not giving me an error code just failing.

Are there any ideas of how I can get this loaded up as without a printer I might as well be tied up... ha...

Thanks,Heinrich

Below is an HP Site Link outlining how to install your printer. Try the instructions given and if you still have problems use the forum link which may help.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_rule=46679&tmp_task=setupCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3752462

Hello Bob --- I tried this link and it took me where I had unsuccessfully attempted prior. What I then did was go to ADD PRINTER and my system found the 8500 and I worked it that way and now have printing... But I have no capabilities of SCAN ... And I know that is all in the download package from my previous work with printer... Do you have any suggestion for that now? And then I am thinking my picture imports won't work either until the total package is in. I had successfully used the disc for Readiris Pro which I thought took care of the imaging... Thank you for your first direction as well as in advance for any thing here....

Have you already done this-see extract from page. Section 2 is important to follow

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=115&prodSeriesId=3752454&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=3752454&objectID=c02463264

This is an extract from the page relating to a windows 7 installation

Method two: Download and install the software from the HP website

HP Solution Center is part of the Full Feature software and driver package available for download on the HP website. Follow these steps to install the software. NOTE:HP suggests that you select the Recommended type of installation when prompted by the software installer. This ensures that HP Solution Center installs. If you choose a Custom type of installation, read the description of each software component carefully to avoid unintended loss of printer functionality. 1.Turn on the printer.2.Disconnect the USB cable from the printer and the computer (if you already connected it). If the printer is connected to a network, leave it connected.3.Go to HP Drivers & Downloads . If prompted, type your printer model number, click Next , and then click Drivers .4.Make sure that your operating system is selected, and then click Next . 5.Scroll down the page, and then click Driver .6. Click Download , and then follow the on-screen instructions to save the software to your computer. 7.Open the folder where the software file saved (usually Downloads ), double-click the file, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

• Solution

Below is a link to the software drivers for your printer. You need to make sure you choose the right OS from the drop down box eg. windows 7 32 or 64 bit whichever you have.

Also when I set up wireless printers I always manually connect them to the router which avoids any problems with the initial connection.

To do this use the control pad on the printer to access the network menu. (There's usually a wrench on the button you need to press). Choose the Wireless Setup Wizard and a list of available networks will be displayed.Select the SSID for your wireless network and enter the password.

If you have your router set to not broadcast the SSID then you will need to scroll to the bottom of the list and choose "other" then enter the SSID manually followed by your password.

The printer will then connect wirelessly you also have the option to print a test report to double check there are no errors.

Now when installing the drivers choose the option to add an additional computer. Make sure the printer is plugged in with ink and paper supplies in place and follow the on screen instructions.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3752459&lc=en&cc=uk&dlc=en〈=en&cc=uk

Have you already done this-see extract from page. Section 2 is important to follow

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=115&prodSeriesId=3752454&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=3752454&objectID=c02463264

This is an extract from the page relating to a windows 7 installation

Method two: Download and install the software from the HP website

HP Solution Center is part of the Full Feature software and driver package available for download on the HP website. Follow these steps to install the software. NOTE:HP suggests that you select the Recommended type of installation when prompted by the software installer. This ensures that HP Solution Center installs. If you choose a Custom type of installation, read the description of each software component carefully to avoid unintended loss of printer functionality. 1.Turn on the printer.2.Disconnect the USB cable from the printer and the computer (if you already connected it). If the printer is connected to a network, leave it connected.3.Go to HP Drivers & Downloads . If prompted, type your printer model number, click Next , and then click Drivers .4.Make sure that your operating system is selected, and then click Next . 5.Scroll down the page, and then click Driver .6. Click Download , and then follow the on-screen instructions to save the software to your computer. 7.Open the folder where the software file saved (usually Downloads ), double-click the file, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

Bob -- I did this a couple of times... when I get to the point of installing (extracting) I get a message THIS SPECIFIC SERVICES DOES NOT EXIST AS AN INSTALL SERVICE

However ... I now can at least print / I can use the Windows SCAN program and scan but it sure upsets me not to be able to have my HP Solutions icon and do it all from there..... Have not checked my fax but am assuming it will work.... THANKS FOR YOUR HELP... Heinrich

Below is a link to the software drivers for your printer. You need to make sure you choose the right OS from the drop down box eg. windows 7 32 or 64 bit whichever you have.

Also when I set up wireless printers I always manually connect them to the router which avoids any problems with the initial connection.

To do this use the control pad on the printer to access the network menu. (There's usually a wrench on the button you need to press). Choose the Wireless Setup Wizard and a list of available networks will be displayed.Select the SSID for your wireless network and enter the password.

If you have your router set to not broadcast the SSID then you will need to scroll to the bottom of the list and choose "other" then enter the SSID manually followed by your password.

The printer will then connect wirelessly you also have the option to print a test report to double check there are no errors.

Now when installing the drivers choose the option to add an additional computer. Make sure the printer is plugged in with ink and paper supplies in place and follow the on screen instructions.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3752459&lc=en&cc=uk&dlc=en〈=en&cc=uk

Simon --- I did go back and disconnect / re connected to the wireless network... tried to download the driver again and when the "extraction" and then Installation comes up I get the message THE SPECIFIC SERVICE DOES NOT EXIST AS AN INSTALL SERVICE... again like above comment I can now at least print / and scan using WINDOWS Scan (not the greatest) and hopefully fax (have to check that out) but not able to do all from one as in the HP NAME ALL IN ONE cause it is the furthest from that...... THANK YOU SIMON.....Heinrich

alt textWell if the service doesn't exist there's little we can do. At least you can use it.

Cheers

Bob

PS: If Epsom Solutions are like Canons then you could download another model one and then use the choice of printer box to choose yours.See in my solutions box I am running two different printers. Just a thought

Thanks so much Bob...... you are right.. at least it is functioning to some degree...Appreciate your help