groovyPost Forums

Can someone explain to me what this means? (Canon 1907)

Go to solution Solved by Simon H,

What does this mean? (Found in the small print with registring Canon 1907 Beta)

Canon will only use your content for the purposes of providing you with the Project1709 Services in order to present you with your content in the best possible way. To do this, you grant Canon permission as follows: when you upload or submit any content to our Services, you grant Canon and those we may work with to provide Project1709, a non-exclusive, worldwide right and license to freely use, host, store, reproduce, publish, modify, create derivative works and edit your content solely for purpose of providing you with the Project1709 Services. These rights that you grant shall be free of charge, perpetual and capable of sub-license. Canon and those we may work with can exercise all rights in the content in all jurisdictions to the full extent for the full period for which any such rights exist. This license may continue even if you do not use the Services but may be revoked when you delete content or your account (unless such content has been shared with others within Project1709).

• Solution

My take on it is that they can do pretty much anything with the content you upload but only for the purpose of providing the service to you. So they as just covering themselves for when / if they use third parties to help provide the service.

Ps did cannon ever release the codecs for the 6D raw images?

My take on it is that they can do pretty much anything with the content you upload but only for the purpose of providing the service to you. So they as just covering themselves for when / if they use third parties to help provide the service.

What do you mean with your question?

A while back you were asking about viewing raw images from a canon 6d in windows explorer but the codecs hadn't been released for the canon 6D at the time. Just wondered if it had been sorted or not.

I would just be careful about uploading anything that you don’t want the public to see. I forgot what company it was, if it was Facebook or something similar to Cannon (like what you just listed), but it was worded along this line as well. My friend told me about his buddy that uploaded something as private and before you know it the company was using it in their advertisement. There was something worded goofy like this and indirectly it allowed them to use other people’s stuff for advertisement, a way for them to make money on other people’s stuff. So I would be careful about using the service. Just remember anything you post on the Internet, regardless of how secure you may think it is, can very well be made public at some point. The people who work for the companies of course can see and have access to everything you upload, since you are storing your stuff on their servers.

Although, in this case for Canon, my guess it is for just if you send them something because you are having issues with their hardware/software. If you don’t send them anything, then this should not be an issue. Also check your settings to see if there is anything about sending the company information anonymously. A lot of applications have options where it will send the company stuff anonymously, you should be able to disable this through some option.

I would just be careful about uploading anything that you don’t want the public to see. I forgot what company it was, if it was Facebook or something similar to Cannon (like what you just listed), but it was worded along this line as well. My friend told me about his buddy that uploaded something as private and before you know it the company was using it in their advertisement. There was something worded goofy like this and indirectly it allowed them to use other people’s stuff for advertisement, a way for them to make money on other people’s stuff. So I would be careful about using the service. Just remember anything you post on the Internet, regardless of how secure you may think it is, can very well be made public at some point. The people who work for the companies of course can see and have access to everything you upload, since you are storing your stuff on their servers.

Although, in this case for Canon, my guess it is for just if you send them something because you are having issues with their hardware/software. If you don’t send them anything, then this should not be an issue. Also check your settings to see if there is anything about sending the company information anonymously. A lot of applications have options where it will send the company stuff anonymously, you should be able to disable this through some option.

Facebook policy is pretty clear that when you upload photos as private they won't be used in the way your friends buddy says his we're used. There have been a lot of hoaxes about what Facebook will do with your private data but in reality everything you upload is owned by you and Facebook policy confirms this.