groovyPost Forums

Cheap option to buy Windows XP/Vista Full Version OS?

Go to solution Solved by jshepp,

• Solution

Hi! I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I purchased what I thought to be a full version of the Windows 8 Operating System from my university. It turns out it was only an upgrade version, and they're not letting me return it.

The only solution I can think of is buying a full version of an older Windows OS and then just upgrading it to the Windows 8. Is this my best option? Other than just buying another full version? Would some place like eBay or Amazon be a decent place to look an older version or am I just asking for trouble?

Thoughts/Suggestions/Ideas are appreciated. Thanks.

You don't need to buy a full version, that would be very expensive. The upgrade version of windows 8 lets you do a clean install so long as you have a copy of windows already on there. Just choose the "Keep Nothing" option.

I have seen copies of XP on Play.com and Amazon UK for £30 or less

Hi,

I'm sure Simon H is correct and please do what he says but I must tell you that I had to set up a new computer for a friend. I'd changed to Mac 2 years ago after many years with Windows and I found Windows 8 horrible. The UI seemed old fashioned, top heavy, designed by a gorilla and I hated it. Try it by all means but it put me off ever returning to Windows.