groovyPost Forums

Replace Toolbar Label with Icon - Windows 7 Desktop Taskbar

You can turn off the toolbar text and titles. This will leave you with an icon and the arrows for the fly-out menu.

First right click an empty space on the taskbar and make sure that “Lock Taskbar” is unchecked then:alt text

Thanks Simon - Works fine

Now that I have an Icon - Is there a way to stop any action when the Icon is selected, so that only selecting >> gives you list of contents. Would be good if I can stop Win Explorer from displaying and just having the Icon for show (identification only)? Or can the >> be replaced with an Icon?

You can turn off the toolbar text and titles. This will leave you with an icon and the arrows for the fly-out menu.

First right click an empty space on the taskbar and make sure that “Lock Taskbar” is unchecked then:alt text

I don’t know of a way to make explorer ignore the icon altogether but it shouldn’t open unless you click it. As for replacing the >> with an icon, no way that I know off.

You might be better off pinning you program shortcuts to the taskbar. You could then pin all your frequently used documents to the top of each programs jump list. You could also have all your frequently used folders pinned to the explorer jump list.

It’s then just a left click on the relevant icon and click on the folder or file that you want.

The taskbar toolbar just seems so slow and a stone age in comparison.