groovyPost Forums

Sharing Task Reminders in Outlook

kacheath

I’m not aware of a way to do this directly in Outlook but check out this free add on called task workflow.

It gives lots of additional functionality to Outlook including (Quote from website) “Any changes to your tasks can generate automatic email notifications that are sent to all people involved in a given task so you are sure everyone gets a heads-up and no task will ever slip through unnoticed”

http://www.codetwo.com/freeware/task-workflow/

If you don't like the add on you could use my low tech approach.

If it’s something that needs to be done at a specific time, I add it to my calendar as an appointment. That way I can share it and as well as sharing the reminder, any change in the appointment time will also be shared keeping everyone up to date.

The task list is then used for jobs that will be attended to in between the specifically timed appointments. So reminders on tasks are not needed.

If there are certain parts of a task that must be completed at a specified time then I add those as calendar appointments with reminders and share those, the tasks are then updated as and when each part is completed.

I’m not aware of a way to do this directly in Outlook but check out this free add on called task workflow.

It gives lots of additional functionality to Outlook including (Quote from website) “Any changes to your tasks can generate automatic email notifications that are sent to all people involved in a given task so you are sure everyone gets a heads-up and no task will ever slip through unnoticed”

http://www.codetwo.com/freeware/task-workflow/

If you don't like the add on you could use my low tech approach.

If it’s something that needs to be done at a specific time, I add it to my calendar as an appointment. That way I can share it and as well as sharing the reminder, any change in the appointment time will also be shared keeping everyone up to date.

The task list is then used for jobs that will be attended to in between the specifically timed appointments. So reminders on tasks are not needed.

If there are certain parts of a task that must be completed at a specified time then I add those as calendar appointments with reminders and share those, the tasks are then updated as and when each part is completed.

Great tip @simon i'll have to download that and do a write-up on it. Thnx