groovyPost Forums

Replacement for "Calls to Journal"

I am running outlook 2010 64 bit, but used to run a program called "Calls to Journal". This program would sync my cell phone calls right into my Outlook Journal, which was an outstanding feature. But unfortunately, the program was never updated to run on anything other than Outlook 2007 32 bit. I am using an Iphone now, but am at a loss as to how to sync my phone calls (incoming and outgoing) to Outlook.

Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

I am guessing that going back to 32bit outlook is not an option so how about syncing your phone calls on your old computer with outlook 2007 32 bit then exporting the journal information into outlook 2010.

That's just a suggestion, I dont know if it would work or not.

Unfortunately, going back to 32 bit is out of the question.

I am guessing that going back to 32bit outlook is not an option so how about syncing your phone calls on your old computer with outlook 2007 32 bit then exporting the journal information into outlook 2010.

I don't keep the old computers. I get new ones every year and give the old ones to schools and other institutes that tutor kids.

could you set up a separate user account on your computer and install outlook 2007 for that user account. Then you could use that to sync your phone calls, export the information, switch to your user account using Outlook 2010 and import the journal information.

I am running outlook 2010 64 bit, but used to run a program called "Calls to Journal". This program would sync my cell phone calls right into my Outlook Journal, which was an outstanding feature. But unfortunately, the program was never updated to run on anything other than Outlook 2007 32 bit. I am using an Iphone now, but am at a loss as to how to sync my phone calls (incoming and outgoing) to Outlook.

Any suggestions?

Not a lot of options as you've probably already figured out. Have you searched around for a new app for Outlook 2010? Like @Abby mentioned below -- another option if that app is critical for your workflow / business is to jump back to Outlook 2007 until that App is upgraded for Outlook 2010. That's one thing that stinks about install apps on top of apps. You ALWAYS get held back on upgrades.

Any suggestions?

Possible option....

http://www.mobitnt.com/SMS-Outlook/SMS-SYNC-outlook.php