groovyPost Forums

Why can't icloud verify my account?

Hi. I have been trying to set up icloud since installing the iOS 5 update on my iPad but - everytime I do - I get an error that the account can't be verified. It instructs me to check my e-mail for instructions on how to verify my account. Unfortunately, I never get the e-mail in my AOL inbox that supplies those instructions.

FYI: There is a chance I have more than one Apple ID and the old one is NOT in the form of an e-mail address. Could that have something to do with it?

I have looked at my accounts (and Apple IDs) I currently use on both my iPad and my iPhone and they are the same and the passwords are valid.

Any ideas of how to solve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Kathy

Hi. I have been trying to set up icloud since installing the iOS 5 update on my iPad but - everytime I do - I get an error that the account can't be verified. It instructs me to check my e-mail for instructions on how to verify my account. Unfortunately, I never get the e-mail in my AOL inbox that supplies those instructions.

FYI: There is a chance I have more than one Apple ID and the old one is NOT in the form of an e-mail address. Could that have something to do with it?

I have looked at my accounts (and Apple IDs) I currently use on both my iPad and my iPhone and they are the same and the passwords are valid.

Thanks!

Kathy

I am having similar problem. have you found a fix?

First, verify that the Apple iTunes account you're using to purchase music and apps from have a valid email address. If the address is not accurate, update it online from Apple.com.

Once that is done, the activation should be fairly simple via the email address you certify. If you still need help let me know here and I'll walk you through the process for changing the email address attached to your Apple ID.

-S

Apple have recently been having problems not only with iCloud accounts, but with registering regular Apple ID's as well. I tried to make my friend an Apple ID a few days ago, but the request kept timing out. They must be suffering from some server issue, which I hope they will fix soon.

• 4 months later...

Thanks!

Kathy

Can someone tell me y cant i log in to my iCloud account if i just verified it and it says that i havent verify it but i actually did why does this happen ???

• 1 year later...

Thanks!

Kathy

I have changed my apple id and the password too. then I realized that icloud was still referring to the old id account. I did all the process like using the old email address but the old password was short and the new password is long cos ios7 makes it a compulsory to do so. I cant delete icloud account neither switch off find my ipad. PLEASE help me I am getting really frustrated :(