Beyond_Life

Adding gallery's tot Wordpress pages, with pictures from Dropbox.

Question

Hello,

I was wondering if it would be possible to add gallerys to my wordpress pages with pictures ive got in my Public folder in my Dropbox, instead of adding picture by picture tot a page and hosting them with my provider.

5 answers to this question

The photos in your public folder create specific URL's and I don't think there is a way to select all of them which is required for a gallery. You would need to add them 1 at a time...

Why not just host them on your wordpress site? Hmm... You would need to find a site that let's you upload them then embed them. Perhaps min.us?

The photos in your public folder create specific URL's and I don't think there is a way to select all of them which is required for a gallery. You would need to add them 1 at a time...

Why not just host them on your wordpress site? Hmm... You would need to find a site that let's you upload them then embed them. Perhaps min.us?

I could probably hack groovyBox.exe to create a photos.xml that has all of the public URLs for the photos in it. Then, make a wordpress plugin that fetches that XML and parses it into a gallery.

... But I am already in my pajamas...

Indeed, for wordpress I need to upload each picture one at a time. When done, I can use the images from the mediastorage in my dashboard, to create a gallery. But that takes a lot of time. And it also takes up a lot of space with my provider. I have a very cheap plan and only 2 gig of storage space. So I want to use other ways of creating gallerys without using all the space.

This is very hard to explain if you native language isnt englisch :P

I know this is an old thread but I thought about this problem and what if you simply put what you want in an Iframe on your "gallery" page.

Just pop this in the article/page, including the square brackets, alter the size to suit and play with the called up page.

[iframe src="http://www.example.com" width="100%" height="480]