groovyPost Forums

How to recover deleted email

Guest helpformeplease
Go to solution Solved by riphilbrook,

Guest helpformeplease

Hi - I have Outlook 2007 and was able to find "Dumpster Always On" but the "Recover Deleted Items" button still doesn't exist. Does the fact that I didn't have to type, EDIT, NEW DWORD VALUE have anything to do with it? Any help in retrieving a deleted email from my Inbox would help. Thanks for listening.

Hi - I have Outlook 2007 and was able to find "Dumpster Always On" but the "Recover Deleted Items" button still doesn't exist. Does the fact that I didn't have to type, EDIT, NEW DWORD VALUE have anything to do with it? Any help in retrieving a deleted email from my Inbox would help. Thanks for listening.

Are you using Outlook at HOME or is this a company PC using a corporate email server?

One thing to remember is that even with Dumpster always on, the "Recover Deleted Items" is a function of Outlook working with an Exchange Server. So if your just using a home PC, your going to have issues recovering. Not impossible but a lot more problems...

Lot's of reading here on this subject - http://www.groovypost.com/forum/microsoft-office/recover-deleted-email-in-outlook-t95593.html

Start there.

• Solution

good question, if you are using outlook through your office and they have exchange hopefully that data is backed up. If not, then there are some handy utilities for .pst recoveries. If you don't know about .pst's they are what outlook uses to store all your information locally.

I've had luck with Kernel for outlook pst repair and Advance outlook repair. And if you happen to have a couple grand laying around to purchase Access Data's Forensic Toolkit then I recommend that. But if you have that software suite then you probably do this professionally.