groovyPost Forums

Kill Malware

HelpJas

Well, MalWare is called many different things (Virus, Trojans, Adware, Spyware etc....).

A good combination I always recommend is any of the following Anti-Virus firms:

FSecure

Trend-Micro

McAfee

Symantec

Followed up with SpyBot Search and Destroy

To steal a Quote from Shreck - Security is like an onion, it's all about LAYERED Security.

So, grab SpyBot, a good AV program and make sure your Operating System is ALWAYS 100% Updated with the latest Security patches and other vendor related security patches.

That last part is VERY important. At the last Security Bake-Off between a VISTA PC and an APPLE PC, (yes, apple was hacked first) the VISTA box was hacked due to an issue with the Adobe Software installed on it.

So that's a good reminder to PATCH not only your operating system, but all software on you PC as well (Adobe Flash, etc...).

Sorry for the LONG response. Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...

If you're computer was infected before installing protection there's a small chance the scanners won't remove everything.

It may be a little overkill but if you want to be 100% sure you're clean the I'd suggest a system reformat. (I suspect mrgroove will write a how-to for that soon). Then installing protection right off the bat.

It's all about preventing he infection, once you're PC gets sick it is never the same again unless you reformat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Well, MalWare is called many different things (Virus, Trojans, Adware, Spyware etc....).

...........last part is VERY important. At the last Security Bake-Off between a VISTA PC and an APPLE PC, (yes, apple was hacked first) the VISTA box was hacked due to an issue with the Adobe Software installed on it.

So that's a good reminder to PATCH not only your operating system, but all software on you PC as well (Adobe Flash, etc...).

Sorry for the LONG response. Hope that helps!

Hi Mr. Groove

I have picked up some malware and the guy who cleaned it says i got it through Adobe. He suggested i try a different PDF reader and uninstall Adobe Acrobat reader. I use the Revo to uninstall and installed Flipping PDF reader. It is great and uses very little resource in comparison to Adobe.http://webstunning.com/pdf-reader/download/

Cheers

• 4 years later...

Best Malware Removal Software

1. Ad-Aware- Ad-Aware has also been around for a very long time and is one of the best antivirus programs out there. When installing the program, make sure to uncheck the two boxes for SecureSearch as that is not really worth it.The best thing about Ad-Aware is that it supports real-time protection in the free version!

2. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware -One of the best tools for repairing malware infections is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The free version includes anti-malware, anti-spyware and anti-rootkit protection.

3. Virus Vanish- It will scan for malicious emails. It protecting you from internet threats.