groovyPost Forums

How to forward calls on iPhone to home

Vadim

The iphone makes it easy to forward calls home! I love it! I just ran accross this after playing with it for an hour so I figured I would share!

Anyway, let's say you go home and dont want to keep you phone in your pocket. Easy solution, just setup the iphone to forward all calls to your home phone number.

Goto - Settings -> Phone -> Call Forwarding -> Click On -> Enter Phone # to forward calls to.

Update: Looks like mrgroove wrote a full how-to for this.

How To Forward Calls to Another Number From an iPhone:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/mobile/ ... an-iphone/

I found it a few days ago and i've been using it ever since. Helps cause now I can just throw the phone in my laptop bag and not worry about missing a call.

Hope you guys enjoy my first "Groovy How-To". ;):):idea:

Edited by Guest

Sweet write-up Vadim. I read this last night and enabled it. Just got a call from my wife on my work # cause my iPhone is still forwarding home hehehe..

Here's my Tip - Don't forget to turn off the forwarding when you leave wherever you forwarded the number.

It would be awesome if ther ewas like a time limit or something....

• 6 months later...
Guest jundette21

That is a great news to those who have iPhone. I am planning to buy my own latest iPhone too, in the end of this month. At least, with what yo have posted I can also enable this feature.

Edited by jundette21

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest kadds02

Hi

I have tried that option, but once I return back to the page after keying in the no. # where I want the calls to be fwded, the ON key automatically switches off to OFF!!

Can any1 guide me how do I go about this?

-Kads

Hi

I have tried that option, but once I return back to the page after keying in the no. # where I want the calls to be fwded, the ON key automatically switches off to OFF!!

Can any1 guide me how do I go about this?

-Kads

That happened to me before when I used the wrong number.

Remember not to use 1-503-555-1212 just do area code and number.

If that don't work, try another number to test it. might be that number???

• 1 month later...
Guest Sarah Hastings

There should be such shortcuts available, as you forward calls when you are short of time or when you are busy, in a meeting or something. So, browsing so much to forward a call is pointless I think. There must be a simplified way for it.

Guest cellphoneshopper

Every phone company makes you pay for forwarding as far as I'm aware.

The reason is that the person who calls your mobile number only pays for the call to that number, and you have to pay for the bit between your mobile number and the other number. The caller doesn't pay for both bits as they wouldn't know you've forwarded it. Same principle as international roaming.

• 2 months later...
Guest vincentjoseff

First of all go to the home screen of you iPhone, then move to the settings menu, then you move to the call settings menu, after completing this just click on the call forwarding button and after that you can forward your call to home or any selected number...

• 1 year later...

iphone 4 call forwarding:

Open the Settings app and scroll to Phone

Dial *#61# and press the Call button

Your voicemail number will be displayed on the screen after "Forwards to" (write this number down)

Back on the number pad, dial: *004*xxx-xxx-xxxx*11*time# ("time" is your desired ring duration in seconds; must be 5,10,15,20,25 or 30 -- xxx-xxx-xxxx is the voicemail number from step 3) and press send

You should see the following: Setting Activation Succeeded,Voice Call Forwarding,When Unanswered

iphone 4 call forwarding:

Open the Settings app and scroll to Phone

Dial *#61# and press the Call button

Your voicemail number will be displayed on the screen after "Forwards to" (write this number down)

Back on the number pad, dial: *004*xxx-xxx-xxxx*11*time# ("time" is your desired ring duration in seconds; must be 5,10,15,20,25 or 30 -- xxx-xxx-xxxx is the voicemail number from step 3) and press send

You should see the following: Setting Activation Succeeded,Voice Call Forwarding,When Unanswered

Which carrier is this from Velcro?