groovyPost Forums

Anyone ever use BlueHost?

shockersh

they are.. decent.. kind of like cold french fries.

they have a constant promotional code that lets you sign up for $3.95 a month, so don't even think about paying full price.

I can't say I'd reccomend them, their terms of service is long and not very friendly: http://www.bluehost.com/cgi/info/terms.html

The hosting service is shared and they will start to yell at you if your website gets over 1000 unique users per day (dependent upon the amount of bandwidth being used), just as a rough estimate.

Yeah, I can't say I'm a fan.

I used them in the past and the relationship only lasted a few months before I moved the site. The good news is I paid for a full year but after I decided to move they refunded me for the 10 months I didn't use!

At least there was a little good news there.

Yeah, I can't say I'm a fan.

I used them in the past and the relationship only lasted a few months before I moved the site. The good news is I paid for a full year but after I decided to move they refunded me for the 10 months I didn't use!

At least there was a little good news there.

Wow... they gave back cash? Pretty good.

What happened exactly that caused you to pull the service out? Where did you move the sites to?

Hey Shocker

Well, I moved my site to bluehost and every day around PEAK hours (Noon - 2pm) my site would really slow down and sometimes just not respond.. I would hit refresh over and over again and it was dead.

I opened up several tickets to the bluehost support only to have them respond 4 hours later and say: "Your site looks fine. What appears to be the problem".

Of course 4 hours later yeah, things were fine again.

Anyway I finally got someone to listen to me and when I expressed my frustration he said "Sorry, another site on the server your hosted on is getting really busy during those times and the server is having resource issue.". When I said this was unacceptable he told me "What do you expect for $6.95 a month?".

Needless to say this was not the answer I was looking. I mean really??

So I canceled my account and moved it over to a new provider.