groovyPost Forums

Laptop shut itself off and won't start back up fully

I was just using my laptop to write a thesis paper (think hours of work) and all of a sudden it shut itself off. I was writing in Google Drive so I'm not worried about data loss.

Anyhow, it won't boot back up. When I push the power all of the LED indicator lights flicker on like they normally do. I can hear the internals fans start spinning. Everything sounds normal. But the screen stays completely black and I don't hear the usual beep or Windows startup sound that plays when the computer is starting. The laptop has a fairly new SSD so I don't think the HDD is an issue.

There are no error messages or beeps of any kind.

Try this first:

1.Take out the battery, 2.Remove main supply, 3.Hold power button down for 30 secs, 4.Put only power supply in, do not put battery in 5.Turn laptop on 6.Put the battery back in.

If this doesn't work the try taking out the memory and refitting it. Make sure the power is off and the battery removed when you do this.

I was just using my laptop to write a thesis paper (think hours of work) and all of a sudden it shut itself off. I was writing in Google Drive so I'm not worried about data loss.

Anyhow, it won't boot back up. When I push the power all of the LED indicator lights flicker on like they normally do. I can hear the internals fans start spinning. Everything sounds normal. But the screen stays completely black and I don't hear the usual beep or Windows startup sound that plays when the computer is starting. The laptop has a fairly new SSD so I don't think the HDD is an issue.

There are no error messages or beeps of any kind.

Was your computer on battery when it died?

Could your battery hold a charge?

Try booting with no battery. What happens.