Rufio

Laptop shut itself off and won't start back up fully

I was just using my laptop to write a thesis paper (think hours of work) and all of a sudden it shut itself off. I was writing in Google Drive so I'm not worried about data loss.

Anyhow, it won't boot back up. When I push the power all of the LED indicator lights flicker on like they normally do. I can hear the internals fans start spinning. Everything sounds normal. But the screen stays completely black and I don't hear the usual beep or Windows startup sound that plays when the computer is starting. The laptop has a fairly new SSD so I don't think the HDD is an issue.

There are no error messages or beeps of any kind.

Try this first:

1.Take out the battery, 2.Remove main supply, 3.Hold power button down for 30 secs, 4.Put only power supply in, do not put battery in 5.Turn laptop on 6.Put the battery back in.

If this doesn't work the try taking out the memory and refitting it. Make sure the power is off and the battery removed when you do this.

I was just using my laptop to write a thesis paper (think hours of work) and all of a sudden it shut itself off. I was writing in Google Drive so I'm not worried about data loss.

Anyhow, it won't boot back up. When I push the power all of the LED indicator lights flicker on like they normally do. I can hear the internals fans start spinning. Everything sounds normal. But the screen stays completely black and I don't hear the usual beep or Windows startup sound that plays when the computer is starting. The laptop has a fairly new SSD so I don't think the HDD is an issue.

There are no error messages or beeps of any kind.

Was your computer on battery when it died?

Could your battery hold a charge?

Try booting with no battery. What happens.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By jshepp
      So, I have an Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop which are notorious for having overheating problems. I had really big issues last year where my laptop would just shut-off because it was way too hot. From then on I've really looked into the problem. I even opened up my laptop and cleaned out all the dust that was between the fan and heat-sink.
      Anyways, now my laptop has been fine, and I haven't had any recent issues of it shutting down because of overheating. I was just curious what are acceptable levels of internal temperatures and are there free resources out there that I can measure on my own laptop?
      Thanks.
    • By Hammad
      I am planning to buy a newlaptop but i am not sure which pne i should go for...any suggestions..my budget is around $600
    • By Rufio
      I reformatted the laptop after installing a new hard drive in my Sony Vaio and now it isn't letting me use the brightness function keys anymore. The function volume keys still work, it's just the brightness ones that aren't going very well. Is there a software requirement or something I'm missing?
    • By jamminjelly
      I also just got a Chromebook for school but the WiFi signal on it sucks. I don't think it is my college's routers because it picks up my phone and iPad fine. Is there any way to boost the signal strength of the Chromebook so that I can get a stable connection around campus or at least in my apartment?
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online