lanette

Save & Send issue Ofc 2010

Question

when using Save & Send how do I use correct file name? the attachment always comes up as ~WRDXXXX.docx.docx not the name I have saved the file as. How do i tell Office 2010 to use the correct file name?

3 answers to this question

You shouldnt have to, the attachment should be automatically named same as the original.

If you dont get a better answer I would try repairing word

Click Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Word > Change > Repair.

Did you first save the file and then click on Save & Send after it was initially saved once? If it wasn’t first saved, it will call it a generic name like what you listed. If you did first save the file and then use the Save & Send, it will attach it as the file name it was initially saved as. If you did that and it still isn’t attaching it with the name, then there is something wrong with the application. Do a repair on it like Simon H said.

Did you first save the file and then click on Save & Send after it was initially saved once? If it wasn’t first saved, it will call it a generic name like what you listed. If you did first save the file and then use the Save & Send, it will attach it as the file name it was initially saved as. If you did that and it still isn’t attaching it with the name, then there is something wrong with the application. Do a repair on it like Simon H said.

The unsaved file scenario was my initial thought but when I tested it the attachment was named "document x" I've tried to replicate this issue and whatever I did it would not name the attachment in the way Lanette has experienced. Hopefully the repair will solve it.