groovyPost Forums

Kindle Fire HD Skype

maindeb

I recently bought a Kindle Fire Hd and when making Skype video calls i get a message that the person i am talking to will not be able to see me because the video is shut off. I have went down to the video icon and selected use front camera and a square will pop up where you would see yourself and the person i am talking to sees a message that the video is trying to connect. I downloaded another camera app and i can take pictures with my camera but it won't work in skype. i can see the other person but they can't see me and everytime i tell the video to connect a red line will appear across the video icon. any assistance would be very helpful. thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently bought a Kindle Fire Hd and when making Skype video calls i get a message that the person i am talking to will not be able to see me because the video is shut off. I have went down to the video icon and selected use front camera and a square will pop up where you would see yourself and the person i am talking to sees a message that the video is trying to connect. I downloaded another camera app and i can take pictures with my camera but it won't work in skype. i can see the other person but they can't see me and everytime i tell the video to connect a red line will appear across the video icon. any assistance would be very helpful. thank you.

I'll test this out and see if there is a fix in the latest version. Thanks for the question!