groovyPost Forums

Inserting or linking a large video within a Powerpoint 2010 file

Genesistf

I am using PowerPoint 2010 and wanted to insert a video to within the PowerPoint file, but it makes the whole file 333 MB or (349,755,736 bytes). I need to burn the whole PowerPoint with the video onto a CD for distribution to my clients.

So I am looking for an option whereby I could instead insert a link to the video, so that I could burn both to the same CD. This would require that whatever I inserted as a link to the video was directed to the location on the CD being burned.

Right now, under the “Insert” “Video” menu’s I have only two choices: “Video from File” or “Video from Web”. Any suggestions, anyone?

You're close. Use the Insert Video from File button as normal. But, when selecting a file in the browse Window there is a small down arrow next to the Insert button. Click the small arrow and you'll see an option to "Link to File"

Note: To prevent complications with broken links, keep the videos in the same folder as your presentation, and link then them there.

Powerpoint link video to file

• 1 month later...

You're close. Use the Insert Video from File button as normal. But, when selecting a file in the browse Window there is a small down arrow next to the Insert button. Click the small arrow and you'll see an option to "Link to File"

Note: To prevent complications with broken links, keep the videos in the same folder as your presentation, and link then them there.

Powerpoint link video to file

Thank you - this was a great help and worked fine.