groovyPost Forums

Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 "download file" box will not go away

Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 "download file" box will not go away after i accidentally closed outlook during a file download. Now, every time i open up outlook inbox this file download box opens and attempts to open a file, forcing internet explorer browser to open.

I really want to resolve this issue, it isn't really annoying and pointless. The file it is attempting to open is no longer contained in any email or in the temporary folders that i am aware of . I have attempted emptying and cleaning temp files, system restore and some other things which have not worked.

Could you please advise on how i could fix this?

Thanks, bewildered frustrated, outlook user

Chris

1. You should try completely deleting your setting for the inbox from which the download incoming. Just delete your e-mail inbox and set it up all over again.

2. If that doesn't work, use any application like Your Uninstaller or other Uninstalling apps to COMPLETELY remove Office 2010 and all of its remains and then do a clean install.

Bot of the solutions are a pain in the neck, but this is all I'm coming up with...