groovyPost Forums

Thunderbird email image

Go to solution Solved by Simon H,

Hi,

Sorry my English.

I use Thunderbird client email.Scenario:01) I get an email with images;02) I send this e-mail message to a person;03) the recipient receives the e-mail correctly;04) the recipient send to another recipient the same email;05) problem: the final recipient does not receive the images.

How to solve this problem?

Thank you.

Nelson Carvalho

• 3 weeks later...

I'm guessing that this is a forwarding bug specific for Thunderbird. Try updating Thunderbird to see if this problem persists in the newer version and, if possible, install a beta version to make sure you are using the latest release of Thunderbird.

If all that fails, your best choice would be to manually download all the images and then reattach them again instead of just forwarding the e-mail.

• Solution

@Nelson Carvalho

There is nothing at all wrong with your email software. The recipient is receiving emails correctly from you and the pictures are included.

That’s it; your software has done its job. Whatever happens from this point is down to how other people have their email software set up.

The most likely scenario here is that the recipient is forwarding email as plain text instead of HTML. Doing this will strip out any images that were previously included in the email, (this is common on smartphones but can happen on any email software). I regular receive replies to my own emails were my signature and logo image are no longer included. It’s down to other people’s preference how they want their email to be sent.

The recipient simply needs to check if they are sending / forwarding emails as plain text and if so change it to send / forward as HTML. The images will then be sent in the email.

Another possible scenario is that the final recipient has their email program set up to strip HTML from mail incoming from senders not marked as safe. Again there is nothing you can do about this. (they would need to mark him as a safe sender)

Finally whatever you do, do not follow the advice given by @DW96 regarding installing the Beta version of thunderbird. This wont solve the problem and beta versions are still in testing and could contain bugs that cause you big problems.

I'm guessing that this is a forwarding bug specific for Thunderbird. Try updating Thunderbird to see if this problem persists in the newer version and, if possible, install a beta version to make sure you are using the latest release of Thunderbird.

If all that fails, your best choice would be to manually download all the images and then reattach them again instead of just forwarding the e-mail.

@DW96 Your advice is really not great manIt wont solve what's happening here and to be clear for anyone else reading it.

Beta versions are pre release software, not yet adequately tested and could contain far more bugs than the released version.

Beta versions should not be installed by anyone unless they know what they are doing and are prepared for them to fail.

They should never be used to check that you have the latest version of software.

Advising others to download this software could make things worse leading them into many more problems than they started with.

@Simon H - While I agree that betas are very unstable, betas are normally released so that users can have a sneak-peak of what's new in the upcoming official versions (non-beta).

Personally I have had several problems with various applications which I solved by updating to beta versions which contained untested bugfixes.

Also, keep in mind that in most cases downgrading from a beta to an official version is often a simple and straightforward process, so if any problems occur, one can easily go back to the safer, official release.

@DW96 You advised someone looking for help that they had a bug in their software even though it was clearly obvious that they did not. You told them to install Beta software to solve this non-existent problem. Now you attempt to justify your ridiculous advice with utter nonsense.

You say that you have installed several untested bugfixes that have worked. So you took risks and you were lucky that nothing went wrong, but your luck will not last forever. In recent years I have seen dozens of people lose personal data due to Beta software not working correctly. Some of them lost everything on their computer including the operating system.

These people thought just like you that Beta software is ok most of the time, What they ignored just like you is the potentially disastrous failures that Beta software can cause.

You would have people believe that Beta problems are simple, straightforward and easy to overcome. But what about when they aren’t, what about when those problems lead to data loss?

What about when someone follows your advice and ends up worse off because of it? Do you even care because if you do you will be more careful in the future about the advice you give.

I also suggest that if you don’t know the answers then don’t make random guesses, it doesn’t help people who are looking for answers.

@DW96 You advised someone looking for help that they had a bug in their software even though it was clearly obvious that they did not. You told them to install Beta software to solve this non-existent problem. Now you attempt to justify your ridiculous advice with utter nonsense.

You would have people believe that Beta problems are simple and easy to overcome. But what about when they aren't.

What about when someone follows your advice and ends up worse off because of it? Do you even care because if you do you will be more careful in the future about the advice you give.