groovyPost Forums

How to get checkmarks in cels to show up on a tablet. Any tablet.

I use Office 2010 for making excellists I use for my work. Now I want to use those lists digital while im outdoors. Normally I print them out. But Ive got a Galaxy Tab and a iPad 1 from my boss to test stuff out. I loaded the checklist on both tablets, but the checkboxes ive put in the excel list dont show up anymore.

Things ive tried:- Both tablets have VMWare installed. With this programm it's possible to use your desktop but on a tablet. With VMWare the checkboxes are visible and easy to use. But everytime you tick one, the 3g connection kicks in and I have to wait several seconds. So, it works, but not optimal. And there is no mouse so you have to do everything with gestures. Not very easy to do.

• On both tablets I have loaded the list in Polaris Office. Both times, no checkboxes.
  • On my HTC One X, I loaded the list in Polaris, no checkboxes
  • On both tablets and on my HTC One X I loaded the list in OfficeSuite Pro. No checkboxes.

Anyone got any idea how to get checkboxes on a excel list to use on a tablet android or ios?

• 1 month later...

I'm going to have to disappoint you, but I've been sitting here testing various office apps for android for about 15 minutes and none of them seem to work with the checkboxes at all...

From what I understand, the checkboxes use ActiveX (I think) and that is a feature which you can't run on android. I was thinking about suggesting something with Office 365, but that is cloud based too and I'm sure it will still have some lag over a 3G or 4G network PLUS, I'm not sure whether 365 supports ActiveX Controls in the first place.

What @Abby said, however, seems like a great idea. OneNote is available for iOS as well and it's probably a good solution. I can also highly recommend Evernote since, personally, I use Evernote for syncing lists between my PC and my Phone. I know it's kind of basic but it does the job - here's an example:

alt text

• 2 weeks later...