Chris Lane

How To Transver Video Off an iPad to a PC with XP

Question

How do you get video off of the new iPad, and into a PC running Windows XP? Apple's tech tells me it can't be done because they didn't write code to make ICloud work with XP, only Vista and Windows 7. Short videos of less than 60 seconds will work, but not anything longer. I tried cut and paste, and the Microsoft Wizard. No luck. Thanks, Chris

3 answers to this question

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately I don't have a Windows XP system to test this on however.... On my MAC and on Windows 7 when I plugin my iPad via my USB cable, it comes up as a USB drive which then shows me all the photos and videos on the iPad. I can then just easily copy them off of it and on my computer using standard drag-and-drop -- just like any other USB device.

Is this not the case on XP? I can't imagine it wouldn't work the same way.

Or you may want to give Dropbox a try? Try uploading it using Dropbox and then downloading it on your Windows PC

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately I don't have a Windows XP system to test this on however.... On my MAC and on Windows 7 when I plugin my iPad via my USB cable, it comes up as a USB drive which then shows me all the photos and videos on the iPad. I can then just easily copy them off of it and on my computer using standard drag-and-drop -- just like any other USB device.

Is this not the case on XP? I can't imagine it wouldn't work the same way.

Yeah - just plug it in.