groovyPost Forums

Outlook 10 - How do I replace my contacts data file with a new file with more current information?

How do I replace my contacts data file with a new file with more current information? I exported my prior contacts file and cleaned it up to the point where I want to replace my primary contacts file with my new one. I have been able to import my file to a new folder but I do not know how to replace my primary contacts file which is the one I use to sink to my phone.

Thanks a million.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have separate contact folders you can do the following:Go to the updated contacts folderCTRL+A to select all; CTRL + X to cutGo to the primary contacts folderCTRL + V to pasteRt. click on the updated contacts folder and select delete

Since you used the original file and updated it, you may want to delete all contacts from the original prior to performing the above steps so you don't have to go through any duplicate checking (since you've already done this).

How do I replace my contacts data file with a new file with more current information? I exported my prior contacts file and cleaned it up to the point where I want to replace my primary contacts file with my new one. I have been able to import my file to a new folder but I do not know how to replace my primary contacts file which is the one I use to sink to my phone.

Thanks a million.

What email server are you using? Is this a corporate account are you using Outlook at home with GMAIL or another email provider -- GMAIL via IMAP or something?