groovyPost Forums

iphoto Vs. Picasa

Vadim

I love my iphone but I've never been able to make the jump to the MAC. I guess it's because I use a PC all day at work and honestly, the PC does everything I need it to do. MAC's just seem to expensive for me.

• 1 year later...
Guest cellphoneshopper

I use both. iPhoto is my primary for all the reasons already listed. It works so well with everything else on mac. I like the ease of a quick (very small) resize in Picasa.. for forums or to send to my cell phone etc.

I love my personalized events in iphoto for example I have nearly 100,000 pics.. I have them in by special event or if it's nothing super special i have them in month-year event folders. In Picasa it goes in one date at a time.. annoys me to pieces when I am hunting for something. I used Picasa on my pc along time ago, so as soon as i got my mac i downloaded it. It doesn't get much use.. but I still like knowing it's there in case I want to.

I would never be without iPhoto.. it's the best

I use SnagIt for everything now, unless there is something it can't do. When I need advanced editing I load up photoshop.

You use Snagit? Really? It's great for taking screenshots but for a photo album? Really?

What do you guys think? I just got a new imac and I'm trying to decide if I should stick with Picasa from the PC or dive into iphoto...

Personally, I use both. I use Picasa for all my face tagging and keywording however I use iPhone when I want to do any type of editing and integration with movies. I think they both serve a purpose. I think MrGroove should do a iPhoto Vs. Picasa Howto showdown..

I use SnagIt for everything now, unless there is something it can't do. When I need advanced editing I load up photoshop.

BAH - iPhone for the win. It rocks over Picasa now with the latest versions and I would go on record now to say iPhoto facial recognition works even better now than Picasa. Plus, you have the iPhoto and iMovie integration + Apple TV + Airplay = Goodness!