groovyPost Forums

MS WORD flyer Template with pull tags at the bottom

CHATLZT
Go to solution Solved by Norm202,

This is pretty difficult to do in Word... As for the size, you can go to Page Layout > Size > More Paper Sizes and then manually input your desired size. In terms of pull tags with telephone numbers you can use vertical text input to do the job for the numbers, but for the ----------- style dash (perforated zone) you'll probably need some kind of other software. I suggest inserting your scanned graphic image, writing the numbers and then taking a screen shot of all that and importing it into another program so you can do your dashes.

This is pretty difficult to do in Word... As for the size, you can go to Page Layout > Size > More Paper Sizes and then manually input your desired size. In terms of pull tags with telephone numbers you can use vertical text input to do the job for the numbers, but for the ----------- style dash (perforated zone) you'll probably need some kind of other software. I suggest inserting your scanned graphic image, writing the numbers and then taking a screen shot of all that and importing it into another program so you can do your dashes.

I respectfully have to dis-agree with DW96. I have made many templates with vertical dashes. This is not a very hard template to make. You just need to decide on a format and stick with it (there are several methods to use). Over the next several days I'll work on a template (and instructions)and give it to you if you want. The hard part is writing out instructions to use it without making it too hard to understand.

• Solution

OK. This is how it's done.(I'm using Word 2007, but it makes no difference what version)

1. Select page paper size and format the margins to use the minimum.
  2. Using the Insert Text box, make a text box with your phone number or text as you prefer. Size the box in a vertical position. Right click the box and choose Format Text Box. Go to Layout tab and high light In Front Of Text, select Advance De-select Move object with text.
  3. Choose Line - dashed
  4. Move the box to bottom left corner of page (be sure to stay with-in the margins).
  5. Select box and right click to copy.
  6. Paste. Do this as many times as necessary to fill bottom of page. Move each box so the vertical lines superimpose on one edge and the tops are even in a straight line. Then using the shift key high light each box and right click and group as one.
  7. In the upper section of the page you can add any text or insert pics or graphics as you please.
  8. Just be sure to Go to Layout tab and high light In Front Of Text, select Advance De-select Move object with text.
  9. Save as a template.
  10. Print the document and cut the vertical tabs at the bottom and maybe score the top to make easier ripping.
  • Like 1

Thanks for taking the time to create the answers. I am searching for an easy way so create uniform flyers posted on our free-to-use employee bulleting board. In turn, it will mean more people can benefit offer more things or services. I will be watching here for any further responses.chatlzt

I never said it is impossible. What I am trying to say is that if I had to do such a thing, Microsoft Word would not be my number 1 choice.

Nevermind, here's a complete template that I think is (almost) exactly what you're looking for:http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/house-flyer-with-tear-off-tabs-TC001017842.aspx

The table can be removed and the picture above can be changed with the scanned graphic you mentioned. As simple as that. :)

• 1 month later...