groovyPost Forums

How do I rename a uploaded route in Google Maps?

Go to solution Solved by Austin,

I have a Samsung Android Galaxy S and I use the app MyTracks to records tracks and upload them to Google Maps. But sometimes I just forget to change the name of the track I save in MyTracks. So when I upload it to Google Maps with MyTracks, it stil has a name like: "2011-06-11 09:22".

How do I change that track name? Clicking it doesnt give me a "change this" option.

• 1 month later...

I don't own an android phone, but my only logical solution would be to load your route from your phone and then save it (again), this time with the filename you desire. Third party software and Google software don't like to dance together, so it's kind of normal for issues to be occurring :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution

I haven't tried the MyTracks app, but you can change the name of Google Maps routes from the web interface on a desktop computer quite easily.

Step 1: Login to your google account and go to maps.google.com

Step 2: Click My Places, and then Click the name of the route that you want to change the name of.

alt text

Step 3: Click the Edit button.

alt text

Step 4: Rename the route and then click Save, and after that click the Done button.

alt text

I haven't tried the MyTracks app, but you can change the name of Google Maps routes from the web interface on a desktop computer quite easily.

Step 1: Login to your google account and go to maps.google.com

Step 2: Click My Places, and then Click the name of the route that you want to change the name of.

alt text

Step 3: Click the Edit button.

alt text

Step 4: Rename the route and then click Save, and after that click the Done button.

alt text

Thank you!!