groovyPost Forums

How do I resize a image on my Android, for posting on a blog?

Go to solution Solved by Guest Rotten Yohurt,

A few days ago I got an email from my provider that my disksspace for my blog reached its limit. And when I asked him what caused this, he told me I have been posting full sized images, instead of resized ones. So, big lesson for me: "Start resizing before posting/blogging". On my laptop at home, and on my xp machine at work, this isnt a problem. But I am also a heavy "Wordpress for Android" user.

So the question is, how do I resize an image to at least 50% of the original quality on my Android?

• Like 1

No idea... I don't have an android - iPhone guy here....

That being said, groovypost just posted an article about how-to resize photos fast with picasa - http://www.groovypost.com/howto/how-to/batch-resize-photos-with-google-picasa/ give that a shot.

That wont help. I want to resize the photo on my Galaxy S. After the resizing I want to post it to Wordpress with the wordpress app on my phone.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A few days ago I got an email from my provider that my disksspace for my blog reached its limit. And when I asked him what caused this, he told me I have been posting full sized images, instead of resized ones. So, big lesson for me: "Start resizing before posting/blogging". On my laptop at home, and on my xp machine at work, this isnt a problem. But I am also a heavy "Wordpress for Android" user.

So the question is, how do I resize an image to at least 50% of the original quality on my Android?

I found an app thats solves my problem. For resizing pictures download the free app Reduce Poto Size from the Android Market and you are done.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest shootz

There's a biult in resizer in andriod but it's purposely hidden in the camera/gallery viewer. Copy the picture to the DCIM directory and you can open the picture in the camera/galley. Select Edit and Very small, this will usually cut the size of the pic to 1/4 file size, (ex: a 1m pic becomes 256k).

• 6 months later...

You should definitely switch to using Resize MyPix for Android as it is the best batch image Resizer on Android. Download links here for free version with ads and premium version no ads.

Simply select the photos you need to resize and select the photo dimensions you need. Then Resize MyPix will automatically resize them, apply mild image sharpening to improve photo quality after the resizing process (can be disabled if you want though I don't know why since image quality is better), and it auto-rotates images to the correct orientation automatically. All images are then displayed in a grid for easy preview and you can even edit them if you need to (crop, flip, rotate, contrast, brightness, gamma, hue shift, grey-scale etc).

Great easy to use interface definitely worth supporting the developer with paid version.

• 1 month later...

There's a biult in resizer in andriod but it's purposely hidden in the camera/gallery viewer. Copy the picture to the DCIM directory and you can open the picture in the camera/galley. Select Edit and Very small, this will usually cut the size of the pic to 1/4 file size, (ex: a 1m pic becomes 256k).

He is asking for resizing not cropping.

• Like 1