groovyPost Forums

Photoshop Elements 12 email issues

Go to solution Solved by szac,

I have Windows 8.1 and use office 2013 Outlook. My new Photoshop Elements 12 can't email my photos. It won't even send me a validation code or let me choose anything but adobe mail in the client list. I uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop Elements 12, but still can't seem to find Outlook. Anyone have any ideas?

Since the Operating System Is Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64 bit), I assume Office 2013 would have to be 64 bit.

You can use 32 and 64 bit office with 64 bit windows. People often have 32 bit office installed on a 64 bit operating system as 64 bit office has compatibility issues with some software and add ons.

To check which one you have, open Outlook and go to File > "Office Account" > "About Outlook"

If it's 64 bit then that will be why it's not working with PSE.

If it's not compatible there's no way to change that so if you need to send emails from within PSE 12 then the only option I see is to replace the 64 bit office with a downloaded copy of the 32 bit version. Your product key should work for both the 64 and 32 bit versions.

If you have IMAP email then the 32 bit version will re sync with all your email no problem.

If you have pop3 email you will need to save the data file and point the 32 bit version of outlook to it.

If you have ribbon customisations you can save them to transfer to the 32 bit version.

Or you could just right click the images in windows explorer and choose send to email recipient if the hassle of moving to 32bit office isn't worth it.

I did check and it is 64 bit, what can I do about it now?

If it's not compatible there's no way to change that so if you need to send emails from within PSE 12 then the only option I see is to replace the 64 bit office with a downloaded copy of the 32 bit version. Your product key should work for both the 64 and 32 bit versions.

If you have IMAP email then the 32 bit version will re sync with all your email no problem.

If you have pop3 email you will need to save the data file and point the 32 bit version of outlook to it.

If you have ribbon customisations you can save them to transfer to the 32 bit version.

Or you could just right click the images in windows explorer and choose send to email recipient if the hassle of moving to 32bit office isn't worth it.

This is a problem that people run into often with 64bit Office 2013. This is why its Microsoft's recommendation that most corporations deploy 32-bit office even on 64-bit Windows installs. Unfortunately many many add-ons were never updated for 64-bit support. Huge pain...

I checked and my Microsoft Office Professional 2013 Download is the 64 bit version. So I tried 3 times to uninstall and each time it re-installed the 64 bit version without giving me an option to change. From what I read on the Microsoft office install page info the 32 bit is supposed to be the default, but it went right back to 64 bit. Do all download retail versions with a key code serial number be able to install both? How can I make it switch to 64-bit?

Retail copies of office normally contain both bit versions but depending on where your download came from, it might just have the 64 bit version.

Try this link and enter your product key to see if you can download the 32 bit version.

https://officesetup.getmicrosoftkey.com

Additionally

You can also download a full retail image copy of Office 2013 professional from the link below.

It’s from an official download channel so it’s completely safe, legal and virus free.

I just checked and it’s got both the 32 and 64 bit version on it.

You just need to download it and use your retail product key to make it work.

http://officecdn.microsoft.com/pr/39168D7E-077B-48E7-872C-B232C3E72675/media/en-US/ProfessionalRetail.img

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Finally resolved the problem. I went back to Top Soft Deals where I bought Office Professional Plus 2013 and asked why it would not give me the option to install the 32 bit version. They said their download figures out which type of system your computer runs (32 or 64 bit) and then automatically installs the same. They said they couldn't help other than a refund. So, I called Microsoft support and they put me through to the tech support department & they were kind enough to send me a link for the 32 bit only download. I was able then to use the key code from the retail license I had bought previously and it worked. I open Adobe Elements and went to Edit, Preferences, Shrare and was finally able to choose Outlook as my mail server in the drop down menu. I then was able to email from my Adobe Elements 12! Hallelujah!